Honored Contributor

Re: DAVID AND THE LOBSTER LADY

@kze I know most southen people I know love seafood, however, I know a lot of ladies in their 80's and 90's in Oklahoma and Akansas and Kansas area who have a real aversion to any kind of fish. It is like they are disgusted by it.

I am convinced that there is some kind of old wives tale or taboo or something at work there.  I know too many like that.  IF someone could have an explanation I'd LOVE to hear it! 

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch that show, but I really don't care if David tastes an item or not.    I would actually like to see him taste less.  We know they are never going to say they dislike an item anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Question. something bothering me.  We all know David tastes every food item that is presented, and usually does the happy dance!

Was watching yesterday, with the lady selling lobsters, and he never tasted the food!  Not that I saw, anyway.  HE Tastes everything!

Anyone notice this?  It was very noticable!

@qvc chick  I think your question was legit and worthy of an answer. As you have realized by now, David doesn't like seafood. I feel bad for him, because it is my favorite! I don't see why he can't present it and have someone come out to taste it. Mary D. has people come out to taste items that have gluten, because she can't eat those foods.

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick David appears to fall asleep standing up. He will stare and the jerk, and then smile weirdly.Just watch him, the way he eats has to be affecting him.

Honored Contributor

I saw that presentation and it never crossed my mind that he didn't eat the lobster.  Sometimes I think this stuff gets cooked in advance or carried over from another show and has sat out for several hours - making it unsafe to eat at that point.  

Respected Contributor

Didn't see the lobster presentation, but I do get a kick out of his expressions when sampling the food.  It's funny when he gets all googly & cross-eyed after tasting the desserts.

Respected Contributor

@greamy

Don't tell the people living on the coast in the south that they do not like seafood. I have seen so many seafood restaurants covered with diners.

doxie

Respected Contributor

I like the children's books too. David and the Lobster Lady would be a best seller!

I also did see him eat brussells sprouts one time on the show. He made a big deal about it. It may be one of his recipes now.

doxie

Respected Contributor

I can’t answer for David, but if QVC ever needs a lobster taster I’m on board.  No butter necessary.  Yum

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@greamy Maybe the sodium in lobster.And he can't just take one bite.