Honored Contributor

IM's new watch with a magnetic strap. Wonder how many will be returned cuz they fell off.

Honored Contributor

Wonder how many won't be able to be returned because they stuck to the cart at the grocery store? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wonder how many won't be able to be returned because they stuck to the cart at the grocery store? 

LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Idea for a Watch

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624   I once had a magnetic bracelet that "flew off my wrist" and stuck to the car.    That must have been one powerful magnet........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I once almost ruined a laptop when the magnetic clasp on a bracelet touched the touchpad. I got it away quickly but still lost some data.

Honored Contributor

What if you hold your phone in your watch hand?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My sister-in-law and brother went to a hotel once and she kept having to go to the front desk because her key card wouldn't work.  He had no problem with his.

She finally figured out she was wearing a magnetic bracelet!  I've often wondered what these things would do to a credit card with the magnetic strip.

@Kachina624 - And, yes, I've had one attach itself to a shopping cart.  I took it off and put it in my purse.  Haven't been a fan of magnetic bracelet clasps since then.

Honored Contributor

I love magnets on necklaces as they're so easy to fasten.  Not so practical on bracelets. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I remember over 20 years ago a lot of handbags had magnetic closures. We were advised not to use them as they would demagnetize any credit cards we had inside.  Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

Yep - I'm one that bought one of his magnetic watches - and returned it because the magnet didn't keep the watch on my wrist.  Kept falling off.  I love Isaac's watches but not this one.  The magnet can't be that strong if it would not attach to keep the watch strap in place.