Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Idea for a Watch

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I had a diamond and sapphire pendant on a 14K gold chain.  Decided to get one of those magnetic closures to make fastening easy.  One day I was playing around with the television and trying to figure out why the box seemed not to be working, trying to determine if it was my box or my TV that had died.  Got too close and it jerked my necklace off and I have never found the diamond and sapphire, only the chain and closure.  I assume it is somewhere within the box but the cable company will not tear it apart to get my diamond and sapphire.  Never again will I buy something with a magnetic closure.

Honored Contributor

interesting that Q or IM completely copied the Apple watch look for that

I have a magentic band and it's fine , easy to put on and stays on

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isaac mentioned it looks like the vintage Hermes enamel bracelet that are popular.  In fact, Jennifer was wearing one and they both acknowledged it (you can get the bracelets off Etsy for around $250, but others are more expensive).

Hermes Enamel Bracelet.jpg

Regarding Isaac's new watch -- I agree, I would never wear a magnetic watch or bracelet for the reasons already stated here.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Isaac mentioned it looks like the vintage Hermes enamel bracelet that are popular.  In fact, Jennifer was wearing one and they both acknowledged it (you can get the bracelets off Etsy for around $250, but others are more expensive).

that was a different watch,  it was funny that he was going on about how his looked like Hermes and saw she had on an Hermes piece. 

magnetic ripoff apple

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Watch with Leather & Metal Bracelet - J370924"hermes" 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   Yes -- sorry, I misunderstood.  They were not very subtle at all.  I so agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder how many will NOT be returned because they fell off and you didn't notice?  Years ago I lost two gold bracelets with box insert clasps.  Both of those involved winter coats, so now I only wear bracelets with lobster claw or C clasps in the winter.   Magnets will be in my summer wardrobe only, and I'm going to have to really like the piece in the first place.

If that diamond and sapphire piece had sentimental value I woud buy a new cable box and dismantle the old one.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it doesn't appear Isaac thought this one through completely.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@jackthebear   Yes -- sorry, I misunderstood.  They were not very subtle at all.  I so agree.

No worries there 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wonder how many won't be able to be returned because they stuck to the cart at the grocery store? 

@Kachina624   I once had a magnetic bracelet that "flew off my wrist" and stuck to the car.    That must have been one powerful magnet........

@Desertdi    At least you know your car is made out of metal.  I think mine is half fiberglass. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a magnetic watchband for my Apple watch and it never falls off. I don't wear it much because I prefer my white leather band, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well the magnetic band actually worked.