Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS .....JUNE 2017

Lots of hours of Invicta starting this afternoon.

One watch got my attention last night (during a 4 am rerun of one of the day's earlier shows).... 40mm prodiver...automatic... SWISS made.  Priced less than $200.   Black SS was still available this morning.  Size is probably of little interest to most men watching those shows.... BUT  it's good for me.

No,  I didn't need it,  but I added it to my collection anyway. Smiley Happy  I think I would buy that watch is every color combo I didn't already own,  at the right price, Swiss made in 38mm or 40mm, and automatic movement.

I'm not into labels and brands when it comes to handbags, jewelry, or even watches (well, maybe).   But I admit to a weakness for Swiss made classic watches at really good prices.  It's the confluence of quality (hopefully) and value that gets me!  And it's also why I buy so many Dooney and Bourke handbags.

Respected Contributor

Some of the once only prices are back today.  So if you missed some of your favorite designs,  check them out today.   I saw once only encore prices for the abalone and spinel SAN I and grand diver versions,  both automatic,  also the ladies Bolt zeus with mosaic dial, and the ladies lupah diver with pink or orange straps.    There were other special prices,  but those are the ones that caught my eye.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Lots of hours of Invicta starting this afternoon.

One watch got my attention last night (during a 4 am rerun of one of the day's earlier shows).... 40mm prodiver...automatic... SWISS made.  Priced less than $200.   Black SS was still available this morning.  Size is probably of little interest to most men watching those shows.... BUT  it's good for me.

No,  I didn't need it,  but I added it to my collection anyway. Smiley Happy  I think I would buy that watch is every color combo I didn't already own,  at the right price, Swiss made in 38mm or 40mm, and automatic movement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -

I think I found your watch LavJ,  It's being shown tonite again, 1st show.  According to the video it was being sold as $191.  So it could be grabbed tonite again.  (If it goes back on sale) I think I have an Invicta that looks just like that one.  Hmmm, I'll have to go and see.  Nice specs, that is for sure.  Tempting at that price. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Jena:  wow,  it's back up to $510.  But I'm betting you are right and they will have it at a special price again tonight.   I paid $189.70,  plus tax and shipping.   I agree,  it's a great price for those specs.

Regular Contributor

LavJ, I thought that watch looked familiar.  I have 631-169 in Dark Navy Blue.  After a promo discount ($20.97) off I ended up paying $118.85.  Even though the specs aren't as great, I can't buy the black here because they look so much alike.  The dark blue looks like black.  Good thing, I didn't need another watch.  Smiley Wink

Spoiler

Whoopie do, I got an 8 slot watch case too. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Jena:  that pro diver is such a classic watch.  I'm sure many of the watch collectors have it in a rainbow of colors in sizes from 34mm to 38mm tp 40mm.  I know that I have a 'few'.  Smiley Happy  Some with Swiss automatic movements,  but most are not Swiss,  some quartz and some automatic.

Respected Contributor

My Invicta Swiss Made Automatic arrived today.... 40mm, SS, black dial and bezel.  Looks exactly like I expected it to look.  Set the date and time and gave it a wind.  Looks like a winner if it keeps time.  Glad I bought it,  even tho I didn't need another prodiver.

Respected Contributor

The watch is nicely made.  The gold 3 slot dive case is very tacky.  I often use the dive cases for storage of other things.... extra strap and links,  as a sewing box, etc.   I think this one is destined for the charity bin.   Maybe someone else will think it's attractive and useful.

Regular Contributor

LavJ,  I'm glad the new pro diver is a winner.  I've been wearing my navy blue one  each day and love it.  

Respected Contributor

Hi  Jena.  Glad you are enjoying your navy prodiver.   I'm hoping to have my new black one sized this week.  Your picture reminded me I need to give my TM some love.  This week I wore the black ceramic automatic with the open calendar arc and the inner diamond bezel.  I love those TM watches.  I also realized (no real suprise) that I have a lot of black dial or all black watches, like the ceramics from TM or SL.  This summer I'm trying to rotate summer color handbags and watches to be sure they all get a little love.