Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS .....JUNE 2017

I'm late starting this thread for June. My apologies.
A warm welcome to all watch enthusiasts. 😊
Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS .....JUNE 2017

My eye is on the Gucci Rainbow, it's very unique, put it in my Macy's cart (also available from Gucci direct) and there it sits (at least for right now)

is $880 too much to spend?

Respected Contributor

Hi Just Bling!

Thanks for dropping in!

It appears that $880 is the full MRSP. Gucci watches rarely go on sale. Sometimes you have patience and luck. 

On occasion, marked down Gucci watches show up on evine. They will often be older models or models they have decided to sell for a limited time through evine. Sometimes Joma Shop will sell Gucci watches, but again, it's a matter of luck and patience. 

Please keep in mind that if you do use a seller such as Joma, they will use a third-party repair service. It's because they are grey market. The watches sold through grey market venues are usually obtained through closeouts or may be discontinued stock. (Not fakes.) If warranty through Gucci is of paramount importance, buy directly through an AD such as Gucci or Macys.com.  

There is the Suzie Orman method: watch into an AD with cash in hand (if they have the watch) and make an offer of 25/30 percent off. It takes some nerve. According to Suzie, if they tell you no, walk away.

(I have been known to cut deals with jewelers for something I wanted. Mind you, it wasn't a Gucci or Rolex, but if you have cash, it's great. However, it's not for everyone. ) 

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone catch the Snoopy watches? I think they are adorable. I love Snoopy.

Sadly, I am in the NBZ.

Respected Contributor

Over a month after I ordered it, the Lupah Diver (643-802) on the black strap finally arrived yesterday.  It's easy to read & pretty & has a mop dial & worth the $68 I paid for it as a OTO.  The strap is a bit stiff & similar to the "poufy" straps on the Baby Lupahs, but is 20mm instead of 16mm.  The strap doesn't have quick-change pins, so if I decide to switch it to another flatter & softer strap, I'll have to figure out how to do that.  AND...no dive box!!

aub

Respected Contributor

Hi aub,

Glad you got your watch. Sorry you had to wait so long.

Really like the MOP on that one..  $68 was a great price for it.

Wear it well.

You could always search for changeable straps after you get that one off. I was looking at 20mm for my Russian Diver, because i have been wearing it a lot and I think I will have to get replacements for them. 

Respected Contributor

Java:  thanks for starting the new thread.

Respected Contributor

aubnwa:  enjoy your Lupah diver.  That's a great looking watch and the price was fantastic.

Respected Contributor

Just bling:  welcome to the watch collectors thread.  Hope you find the watch you want at a great price.  Join us when ever you want to talk watches.

Regular Contributor

Thx Java, good thing you are paying attention.  I got distracted. 

Just Bling, welcome to the watch addiction nest...lol.  We love our watches and we've spent to much and chased too many but we love what we have.  Even if it's too many.  Smiley Wink.  Seems like the last 3 I bought are the only ones I wear anymore.  

I haven't watched any watch shows lately so I don't know what I am missing.  

It's great we all still manage to get here and check in.