Honored Contributor

I never thought I would say this, but my Gems en Vogue ring is too small !

[ Edited ]

I mean the scale of the ring.  I ordered 162-680 purple garnet 3 stone ring last weekend and anxiously awaited its arrival.  What a disappointment.  I was expecting a real statement ring without going overboard.  I should have read the carat size, it is 2.16.  This ring has less stone presence and less silver than my mini cocktail rings from him.  The color is perfect, the style is perfect, so I have to think about keeping it or returning it.  It is now sold out and most of that promotion is sold out.  Maybe I'll just wait for returns in a more appropriate scale. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I never thought I would say this, but my Gems en Vogue ring is too small !

I understand your disappointment.   I like a ring with a big presence.    Did you order it directly from a website?   Sometimes the descriptions are deceiving.    I don't think they do it on purpose but makes you wonder.    

@depglass wrote:

I mean the scale of the ring.  I ordered 162-680 purple garnet 3 stone ring last weekend and anxiously awaited its arrival.  What a disappointment.  I was expecting a real statement ring without going overboard.  I should have read the carat size, it is 2.16.  This ring has less stone presence and less silver than my mini cocktail rings from him.  The color is perfect, the style is perfect, so I have to think about keeping it or returning it.  It is now sold out and most of that promotion is sold out.  Maybe I'll just wait for returns in a more appropriate scale. 

Esteemed Contributor

sorry to hear that it didn't look as great in person @depglass.  I love that rhodolite color.  good luck with deciding what to do

Honored Contributor

I'm with you @depglass  sitting here very disappointed too.  I got the color changing garnet and the rhodolite ring (159-208).  The garnet hasn't changed color, although I've run around putting it in different kinds of light.  The stones are tiny, the silver presence is miniscule.  Looks like an ordinary amethyst ring. 

The stone in the rhodolite is very small and dark   only when I put it under a lamp did I get much color and it was a reddish brown.  This ring is a real featherweight with little silver. 

It's so sad to have this happen to Michael's jewelry.  He's always been the one person I could count on to be honest and send quality jewelry.  Looks like he's gone cheap on us and the good days are over.   I won't be buying more and what I just got is going back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I didn't mention price, but this ring was $229.00, while his minis have been running under $100.00.  A couple years ago my issue with him was the rings and the stones were TOO BIG.  How about a happy medium, Michael?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm with you @depglass  sitting here very disappointed too.  I got the color changing garnet and the rhodolite ring (159-208).  The garnet hasn't changed color, although I've run around putting it in different kinds of light.  The stones are tiny, the silver presence is miniscule.  Looks like an ordinary amethyst ring. 

The stone in the rhodolite is very small and dark   only when I put it under a lamp did I get much color and it was a reddish brown.  This ring is a real featherweight with little silver. 

It's so sad to have this happen to Michael's jewelry.  He's always been the one person I could count on to be honest and send quality jewelry.  Looks like he's gone cheap on us and the good days are over.   I won't be buying more and what I just got is going back. 

Very sorry to hear this..... And I also feel that I am done with him. 

I lost a coral rose station from my bracelet on my recent trip to France 😡😡😡

Respected Contributor

I can join the no buying club with Michael also.  Both rings I purchased from him have no weight whatsoever and the sizing runs small now on his rings.  One of the rings I purchased I can't even get throughly on my finger.  Both rings feels so cheap compared to the rings I've purchased in the past from him.  He's skimping on the silver content and the sizing . I'm done with Michael.  I will enjoy the rings I have in my collection.  Won't be ordering any more. 

Honored Contributor

I'll be returning two Gems en Vogue rings this week.  I got the rhodolite ring and it looked like something out of a Cracker Jack box, small and the rhodolite was so dark it had almost no color except for some brownish red.  The silver was skimpy and as @Blingqueen023 said even the sizing was skimpy. 

I also got the color changing garnet band ring.  Same thing... Skimpy silver presence, and no color change I could see, although I tried all kinds of light.  It just looked like an inexpensive amethyst ring.  Very sad and disappointing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll be returning two Gems en Vogue rings this week.  I got the rhodolite ring and it looked like something out of a Cracker Jack box, small and the rhodolite was so dark it had almost no color except for some brownish red.  The silver was skimpy and as @Blingqueen023 said even the sizing was skimpy. 

I also got the color changing garnet band ring.  Same thing... Skimpy silver presence, and no color change I could see, although I tried all kinds of light.  It just looked like an inexpensive amethyst ring.  Very sad and disappointing. 

@Kachina624 Sorry you had to return yours also.   I just can't see paying for his jewelry now since he started cutting major corners.  I'm happy with the collection I've accured when his quality was much better.  

Respected Contributor

BlingQueen!  I finally found you on a post.  Either I finally figured out how to post here, or QVC made it suddenly much easier to do so.  Regardless,  my only regret in not being able to post previously was that I wanted to tell you how upset I was to read that you experienced a medical problem, and how badly I wanted to let you know that I was praying for you and wishing you the very best.  I am so very glad you are okay.  I missed being able to respond to your thoughtful posts.  Have a wonderful day.