Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

I received the Amy sapphire ring yesterday. I was sooooo disappointed in it! The sapphire is very dull, and doesn't look real at all. Unfortunately it looks like cheap costume jewelry. Back it goes. The price was good, but the look was not. I'm not able to leave a review on it either. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,007
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@Delilah wrote:

I received the Amy sapphire ring yesterday. I was sooooo disappointed in it! The sapphire is very dull, and doesn't look real at all. Unfortunately it looks like cheap costume jewelry. Back it goes. The price was good, but the look was not. I'm not able to leave a review on it either. 


 

@Delilah   When I saw the presentation, it didn't look like the true "good" color of a sapphire and passed on ordering. I'm sorry you were disappointed and returned it. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,395
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I have one coming so I'm hoping for the best.  My highest quality sapphire, with gold and a diamond halo, is very dark. I have another one that looks black.  And there's the Ceylon sapphire, light blue.  So I'll be happy with a true blue stone. Yes, I know its Diamonique or some other synthetic.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,703
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Out of those 5 rings offered in the Big Deal, that blue stone is the only one which isn't a DQ cz. It just says it's a simulated sapphire which I suspect is cut blue glass and not cz. That's probably why it doesn't have much sparkle. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,395
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

This is sounding worse with every post.  Any positives out there?  Mine will be at least another week the way shpping has been going.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

@Shanus wrote:

@Delilah wrote:

I received the Amy sapphire ring yesterday. I was sooooo disappointed in it! The sapphire is very dull, and doesn't look real at all. Unfortunately it looks like cheap costume jewelry. Back it goes. The price was good, but the look was not. I'm not able to leave a review on it either. 


 

@Delilah   When I saw the presentation, it didn't look like the true "good" color of a sapphire and passed on ordering. I'm sorry you were disappointed and returned it. 


You're right......it looks like cut glass, not like Diamonique. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

 


@SilleeMee wrote:

Out of those 5 rings offered in the Big Deal, that blue stone is the only one which isn't a DQ cz. It just says it's a simulated sapphire which I suspect is cut blue glass and not cz. That's probably why it doesn't have much sparkle. 


I wish I had caught that. OMG - it does look like blue glass. Zero sparkle. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,968
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

@depglass wrote:

This is sounding worse with every post.  Any positives out there?  Mine will be at least another week the way shpping has been going.


I'm not sure if you will like it or not....it looked cheap to me. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,309
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

I got mine in the canary--love it!  Paler yellow indoors, deeper yellow outdoors. Great fire and sparkle...and the fit is fabulous thanks to the half sizes. A winner!

 

Edited to add:  The setting isn't skimpy either. It feels like the weight that used to be in the Q's nicer sterling gemstone or diamonique rings.

Super Contributor
Posts: 490
Registered: ‎02-04-2011

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

I got both the canary and the pink.  i love the soft yellow of the canary and will definitely wear it often.  The pink turned out to be a bubble gum pink and that wasn't what I expected at all.  The more I looked at it, the more I wished for a pale pink instead.  So, I decided to try for an exchange for the black.