Esteemed Contributor

I received the Amy sapphire ring yesterday. I was sooooo disappointed in it! The sapphire is very dull, and doesn't look real at all. Unfortunately it looks like cheap costume jewelry. Back it goes. The price was good, but the look was not. I'm not able to leave a review on it either. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I received the Amy sapphire ring yesterday. I was sooooo disappointed in it! The sapphire is very dull, and doesn't look real at all. Unfortunately it looks like cheap costume jewelry. Back it goes. The price was good, but the look was not. I'm not able to leave a review on it either. 

@Effie54   When I saw the presentation, it didn't look like the true "good" color of a sapphire and passed on ordering. I'm sorry you were disappointed and returned it. 

Honored Contributor

I have one coming so I'm hoping for the best.  My highest quality sapphire, with gold and a diamond halo, is very dark. I have another one that looks black.  And there's the Ceylon sapphire, light blue.  So I'll be happy with a true blue stone. Yes, I know its Diamonique or some other synthetic.  

Honored Contributor

Out of those 5 rings offered in the Big Deal, that blue stone is the only one which isn't a DQ cz. It just says it's a simulated sapphire which I suspect is cut blue glass and not cz. That's probably why it doesn't have much sparkle. 

Honored Contributor

This is sounding worse with every post.  Any positives out there?  Mine will be at least another week the way shpping has been going.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54   When I saw the presentation, it didn't look like the true "good" color of a sapphire and passed on ordering. I'm sorry you were disappointed and returned it. 

You're right......it looks like cut glass, not like Diamonique. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Out of those 5 rings offered in the Big Deal, that blue stone is the only one which isn't a DQ cz. It just says it's a simulated sapphire which I suspect is cut blue glass and not cz. That's probably why it doesn't have much sparkle. 

I wish I had caught that. OMG - it does look like blue glass. Zero sparkle. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

This is sounding worse with every post.  Any positives out there?  Mine will be at least another week the way shpping has been going.

I'm not sure if you will like it or not....it looked cheap to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

I got mine in the canary--love it!  Paler yellow indoors, deeper yellow outdoors. Great fire and sparkle...and the fit is fabulous thanks to the half sizes. A winner!

Edited to add:  The setting isn't skimpy either. It feels like the weight that used to be in the Q's nicer sterling gemstone or diamonique rings.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

I got both the canary and the pink.  i love the soft yellow of the canary and will definitely wear it often.  The pink turned out to be a bubble gum pink and that wasn't what I expected at all.  The more I looked at it, the more I wished for a pale pink instead.  So, I decided to try for an exchange for the black.