Occasional Contributor

Whatever happened to Sunday Morning Silver? It used to be on in the morning for about three hours every week.  The nice thing about it was that they they showed a few items at the very beginning of the show - something they don't do now - they go to the first item and stay on it for 1/2 an hour..  It was never boring and I got quire a rew great items.  It would be nice to have it back.   

Honored Contributor

I remember it well. I used to laugh listening to Jane repeat "Silver Style" constantly, and promo like mad. At the time I was strictly a gold wearer, now I just wear silver, and I would love to have it back.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yes it was Silver Style on Sunday mornings with usually Jill Bauer, and it was a program I enjoyed for many years and bought many items.  It seems now, the only silver they have is Judith Ripka, Carolyn Pollock, and a few other designers!

Honored Contributor

QVC loses money on jewelry sales every quarter.  It's no wonder since they've reduced the offerings to a few boring, repetitious lines and designs.  I now do my jewelry shopping at Evine and don't even watch the Q jewelry shows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Silver jewelry is my thing, especially the hand made artisan silver Evine offers. The prices are good even with the outrageous S&H.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Yes it was Silver Style on Sunday mornings with usually Jill Bauer, and it was a program I enjoyed for many years and bought many items.  It seems now, the only silver they have is Judith Ripka, Carolyn Pollock, and a few other designers!

@Hooty

These shows were before my time, I think, but I do recall that every time Jill Bauer did a presentation of sterling silver, I always bought something!   

Respected Contributor

Jane was the host of Silver Style for many years (she would comment on how the first shows had so little inventory that they had to fill up the show with flatware), then Jill took over for quite a few more years. I have many pieces from those shows that I could never afford at today's prices. The few silver style shows they tried to resurrect in the past year or so likely did not do well as they seemed to disappear. I know I am not helping the cause; I have enough and can't wear it all now, so no need to buy more. Maybe the younger women would rather spend their money on expensive shoes and purses, which are everywhere (except in my closet).

Frequent Contributor

This show hasn't been on in a long time.  I used to watch it all the time when it was on.  They had really nice silver, lots of well made, weighty pieces, good prices.  Jane, and later Jill, were the hosts.  I miss it!  But I'm afraid the days of affordable silver are over....

Frequent Contributor

There is no reason for QVC's silver items to be as expensive as they are. Last night at TJ Maxx I bought a lovely Italian-made bracelet made of white, yellow, and rose sterling silver diamond-cut wires, with magnetic clasp. For under $40. On QVC they would have charged twice that price or more.