Respected Contributor

Very poor Jewelry shipping and customer service

[ Edited ]

OK, for the third time a Q jewelry item came with the chain tangled in a knot. This time though I could not untangle it with my tweezers. I will now have to go out to a jeweler on a busy Saturday and PAY to have them untangle it. I called CS twice to speak with a supervisor, was put on hold forever and told I had to leave my number to receive a call back.

QVC, you are a BILLION dollar company. You could show some respect for your customers by PROPERLY wrapping jewelry items and having enough CS staff to speak with customers.

Totally Annoyed!

UPDATE: CS did call and gave me a $20 credit. Thanks, CS.

Super Contributor

Re: Very poor Jewelry shipping and customer service

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Just wanted to offer a tip to untangle chains in case you like what you got and want to keep it. If you sprinkle powder (I use baby powder) on the chain, the knot loosens very easily.

Hope this works for you so you can save the trip to the jeweler! Best of luck!

Respected Contributor

@Major Shopper wrote:

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Just wanted to offer a tip to untangle chains in case you like what you got and want to keep it. If you sprinkle powder (I use baby powder) on the chain, the knot loosens very easily.

Darn, I don't have any powder!

Honored Contributor

Was your chain thrown in a zip top bag?

There's really no excuse for that.

@ellaphant wrote:

OK, for the third time a Q jewelry item came with the chain tangled in a knot. This time though I could not untangle it with my tweezers. I will now have to go out to a jeweler on a busy Saturday and PAY to have them untangle it. I called CS twice to speak with a supervisor, was put on hold forever and told I had to leave my number to receive a call back.

QVC, you are a BILLION dollar company. You could show some respect for your customers by PROPERLY wrapping jewelry items and having enough CS staff to speak with customers.

Totally Annoyed!

Respected Contributor

The next time a necklace comes to you tangled put a good amount of cornstarch on the chain and use a needle to pull apart.  It makes it so much easler and quicker.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Major Shopper wrote:

Darn, I don't have any powder!

How about some flour?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've had the same problem. Wish I had known about the baby powder/cornstarch trick.  I spent 2 weeks, slowly untangling a 36" 14K Gold fine link necklace with small sleeping beauty beads spaced every 4 inches or so.  I didn't have a needle so I used a safety pin.  Would work on it for an hour, get frustrated, and start again the next day.

There really is no excuse for shipping to just toss something like this in a baggie.

Super Contributor

I wish we could get an answer from QVC as to why they use plastic bags for jewelry instrad of proper boxes. I've been a member here for a very long time and love QVC. Their customer service people have always been so nice and helpful to me. I just have one main complaint, like most of you, the plastic bags for rings, neclaces, earrings and bracelets. I buy most of my jewelry from QVC for myself and for gifts. I rreally hate giving a beautiful piece of jewelry in a cloth bag with a plastic bag inside. It's just a terrible presentation. I also shop at some of the other TV shopping stores and most of them have proper boxes.

I think almost all of us women have had to deal with a tangled chain. Thank you girls for the tips on how to get them untangled. It will save a lot of time, the chance of breaking the chain and we won't have to spend any money to have our chain fixed.

Trusted Contributor

Never heard of the baby powder/cornstarch trick but I sure will remember it!  Nearly all the chains I've bought from the Q have arrived that same way--tangled and stuffed in a plastic bag.  Tacky, tacky, tacky!  At least pendants on chains and plain chains I've ordered from the southern station are packed in a plastic bag in such a way that they arrive smooth and tangle-free.

You'd think a company with the resources of the Q could come up with a better way!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, Im done buying from them. I ordered a cheap necklace frommRipka and the gold began to fade on it so I sent it back.  They claim thepackage was empty and refused to give me credit so I paid for a piece of junk I don't even own--so they have seen the last of my money, and I am  LONG TIme customer. Perhaps I should say WAS.