Honored Contributor

I didn't phrase that QVC buying JAI?  post right.  I should say will they be starting a separate line with Scott along the same styles but better prices?  And I didn't miss the "clearance," the sale doesn't start until the 22nd.  Yeah !  I don't think the name JAI will be included.

Trusted Contributor

@Kcubed   I also own a few older pieces of John Hardy that mix gold & silver.  I always felt the JAI line was softer and more feminine.  I bought 3 choices of the original JAI center gemstone box chain necklace & they are some of my favorite pieces.  These necklaces mix perfectly with my actual John Hardy ring and earrings and a fraction of the price of the JH line.

I wish Scott Grimes well in whatever his next endeavor is.

Honored Contributor

He will be on QVC for one last visit on June 28 for the jewelry day.  All three JAI shows with the new rep.

Respected Contributor

I am quite sad that Scott Grimes will no longer be a Creative Director of the Jai line. I think he did an excellent job, and his enthusiasm for designing jewelry designs based upon nature, animals, and visits to other countries around the world and then presenting the finished products to the QVC audience, was wonderful in the most positive possible way. I already miss him. Some people (with amazing talent, kindness and happiness in their heart that radiates effortlessly outward, and an inspiring passion to engage others about jewelry, or anything else, for that matter) just cannot be replaced. 

I will wear my Jai pieces that Scott brought to us, here, with joy.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born  Maybe he'll be back in a different but equally spirited way.  We can hope!

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 - I am quite sure he will find a soft landing somewhere, because his positive attitude and undeniable talent will give him an edge --everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Sammycat1 - I am quite sure he will find a soft landing somewhere, because his positive attitude and undeniable talent will give him an edge --everywhere.

I agree, my friend.

Contributor

Very well put Jersey Born.  I totally agree!

Honored Contributor

I have only a few pieces of Jai from the Japan series, but I love to watch Scott. His positive attitude and enthusiasm are fun and can cheer anyone up!

I will try to catch his last show.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor
I thought it was said not that long ago that Jai was the best selling jewelry line on Q. If so, that may change.

I had Q on last week while I was doing stuff around house and had to stop to look at TV to see who was speaking. I did recognize the voice and I was not impressed with what I was hearing. I have not bought a piece in a long time but I do believe Scott was a big reason for the line's success. If he comes back with a line of his own I hope it is just as imaginative.