Honored Contributor

REQUESTED PICS OF JEWELRY STUDIO

IMG_0017.JPG

Work table w/ tools on left, flex shaft hanging on right side (makes holes, drills, polishes, has a tray of various bits), storage drawers for each type of bead or stone. 

Honored Contributor

Re: REQUESTED PICS OF JEWELRY STUDIO

IMG_0018.JPG

Soldering area w/ gas tanks on floor (right), on counter is torch, soldering wheel w/ special firing brick to solder on, crock Pot which contains heated acid to clean off fire scale from soldering & bowl of water mixed w/ baking powder to neutralize acid after taking piece out.

Honored Contributor

IMG_0021.JPGClose up of drawers holding various beads and stones. I organize by color.

Honored Contributor

IMG_0022.JPG

Rolling carts w/ drawers on floor hold silver beads, wire, findings....kept in ziplock bags so don't tarnish before use. 

Honored Contributor

IMG_0024.JPG

Just a few of tools used in jewelry making. Most are on work bench...messy artists!! 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

Beautiful!!  Where did you study?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all. I studied several yrs. at Duke and then private lessons for enameling as well as other special skills...engraving, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Looks as though you have everything nicely arranged within arms length.  I don't see a polishing wheel; is there some new and innovative way of doing that? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. Nothing gets passed you. My polishing wheel didn't make it into the photo because it's far off to the right w/ my kiln. I don't use either that often. 

Enamling must be done on fine silver (French enamels)...others on copper. The process takes forever & doesn't sell for the price reflecting time, materials and effort. The polishing wheel is used only for larger pieces...I'll use it on all those cuff bracelets. For smaller items, the flex shaft can be fitted w/ a polishing bit and then a spinning fabric bit that I dip in "rouge" (the polishing compound). So, same as polishing wheel but on a much smaller scale & more convenient at my right hand to polish off a rough spot without jumping up.

Guess that could have been a yes or no answer, but you know me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  I am very impressed with your studio and talent. Thank you for posting the photos. Very, very interesting and I bet your produce some lovely jewelry there....