Esteemed Contributor

Re: Murano Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@Dinaki wrote:

@Boehm Collector you are correct dear, next time I should read each word very carefully.

I typed on the Etsy search bar, Murano neckalecae jewely and then it showed me many pages with jewelry that looks like Murano.

I did learn my lesson now, I have to double check what I read. It was too good to me when I saw their prices so very low as I am indeed famigliar how pricey a Murano piece can be.

Edited

A nice lady here (I am sorry I forget your name dear) told me that I search on Google and I did find a website that indeed sells real Murano and that web site is glassofvenice.dotcom.

So if any other ladies wants to purchase Murano, that webs ite it is a real one.

@Dinaki   .. not all Murano Glass is marked.  There is no requirement in Italy for the artist to mark them. You can google how to tell whether a piece is genuine Murano Glass.   Below are photos of a Murano glass piece I purchased in an Antique Store in South Jersey.   My parents purchased an entire tea set in the same pattern in Venice in 1955 during their honeymoon.   It consists of 6 cups and saucers, large pitcher, sugar bowl and creamer.   I assume it is quite valuable today.  I  have had it packed up since my Mom passed away in 2009 because I have no where to display it.   I admired the set since I was a little girl.  I also found the glassofvenice dot com website yesterday.  Your post has renewed my interest in Murano Glass.   

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Unknown.png

@Boehm Collector you do have some masterpieces in your house, please do enjoy your Murano ( I am starting calling them now - Des objects d'art )

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

Re: Murano Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@Dinaki ,

Lovely necklace I bought a very similar one in Murano. Pay attention to the description and the price because these are artisanal pieces and if the price is too low...🌻it might be not what you were looking for.