Honored Contributor

@patbz

@patbz  Have  you ever checked out Alex Sanchez's Facebook page?  He's very active on it.  Has lots of good stuff listed including his charitable activities during the pandemic,on the Navajo Reservation.  He seems like a really nice, humble guy

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  Thanx for the info but there are so many "Alex Sanchez"s on FB that I still can't find him.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 @patbz 

Just wanted to say that I am a big fan of Alex Sanchez as well,  and consider myself fortunate to have several of his pieces.  I just really like his work and style. 
Didn't mean to crash your post, but couldn't help myself. ☺️

Honored Contributor

@patbz   @Pezzie   I think I got to the Facebook page by first googling him, then there was a link to Facebook. 

By the way, the virtual Santa Fe Indian Market started this weekend but I find it hard to navigate.  As far as I can tell, the only way to see the goods is to go through all the artists, where samples are shown, click on them to get contact info, then contact or Google them individually.  I find this awkward.

I found Alex and was looking for his new sale items when I ran across the Facebook post.  He has some gorgeous Kingman spiderweb turquoise.  You could order the trinket of your choice using a cab of that.

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie    Are you a Southwesterner?  I live in NM and @patbz  lives in AZ.  I just live about 8 miles from the Petroglyph National Monument so Alex's jewelry is especially meaningful.

Anyway, welcome to our little fan club.  I'm glad you chimed in.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

We moved to Arizona 5 years ago when DH retired, and that's when I first came across Alex Sanchez's jewelry.  Been a fan ever since. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie :  Where do you live in AZ?  I live in Show Low; before that I lived in Ridgecrest CA for 25 years (China Lake, where I worked has some spectacular petroglyphs).  I would really love to have one of Alex's pandemic maidens but $625 is a little rich for me for this item(he has some on EBay right now). If we are back to "live" exhibitions by Feb maybe I'll see you at the Heard Indian Market in Feb ( the year I went both Alex and Fritz Casuse were there).

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 :  Using your methodology I found Alex on FB and have contacted him about one of those maidens.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 : You made me do it!  I'm going to order a custom masked maidens ( for $200 less than I could negotiate on Ebay! Thanx????

Honored Contributor

@patbz   I'm so envious!  Years from 2020, it will be quite valuable.  Be sure to post a photo after you get it.  Consider it an investment.

By the way, what's going to happen with your kids when school starts?