Respected Contributor

I just looked on the JR website and wow the collection has changed.  Couture doesn't seem to exist anymore, they've really pared it down.  I wonder if it's going to fizzle out completely?  I wonder if so much exposure on the Q dumbed her brand down? I recall seeing pieces in the 10's of thousands on her website in the past.  Not anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Wow, people really don't listen.  My bff is a big JR fan of her QVC jewelry but also of expensive line of jewelry.  According to her, Judith Ripka will no longer present her jewelry here on QVC.  Her daughter in law (or some relative) and/or vendor would present on QVC.  I saw Judith on the promos recently and she looks absolutely fabulous.  She has definitely put much work and effort and money into being the best she can be.  Perhaps she is going to devote her time to her couture line of jewelry now.  

@chrystaltree   Isn’t that an insulting way to begin a reply? Who is not listening and to what?

To the information provided by other posters.  That the Ripka line is not leaving QVC.  My friend must have heard that on a QVC presentation or perhaps a promo and the posters who shared that must also have heard it but people just kept on with the  "no Ripka jewelry on QVC".  As if posters hadn't explained what was really happening with the line.  I actually saw some uber expensive Ripka pieces, as many thousands of dollars, on the Gem Shopping Channel so I do wonder if that's what she will be focusing on.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee. I'm guessing she fulfilled her contractual obligation.  I wonder what happened to that other woman, not a relative, who filled in for Judith?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - I think you mean Beth. @just wonder said she thinks Beth might still be presenting with Judith's DIL Allison. Allison has a "QVC Facebook" page, so she will probably be the one in charge. 

I think Judith doesn't have much to do with the designing any longer. Maybe the Ripka-nistas can chime in.

BTW I was wondering what the Ripka-nistas think of all of this. I know they used to get together and have lunch with Judith, and they had some beautiful jewelry on in the pictures. If you are a Ripka-nista do you still buy the jewelry? It looks like it's changed a lot and the prices have really jumped. I'm more of a Southwestern jewelry girl, but I do have a few pieces. Right after DD left for college I bought her the heart ring so she would know I'd always be with her! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom.  .That's it, Beth.  Her name eluded me.  A very good presenter.  I have a few Ripka pieces, mostly watches, but I've never been a big fan.  I, too, am a collector of Southwestern, but mostly Indian-made.  I have a big collection of CP but don't seem to wear it often.

How sweet to send your daughter off to college with a special ring of remembrance. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - My AW jewelry friend! I always appreciate the advice you give on the CP forum, and other forums of course. You know your natural gemstones, and I learn a lot from you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I just looked on the JR website and wow the collection has changed.  Couture doesn't seem to exist anymore, they've really pared it down.  I wonder if it's going to fizzle out completely?  I wonder if so much exposure on the Q dumbed her brand down? I recall seeing pieces in the 10's of thousands on her website in the past.  Not anymore. 

@Grouchomarx - I don't think it was too much exposure here on QVC. I think it's because she sold her company and, like most owners we "know" from here who sell their line to a large company, she stays on for a while to be the "face" of the product while relinquishing control of her company. And in almost all cases the new owners run the company into the ground!

Well, maybe not, but it's never quite the same and the quality goes downhill IMO. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor
I just saw a promotion with her on QVC and what is obvious is she definitely had a face lift. I ordered a few rings many years ago but nothing of late. Have more jewelry than I need
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
I just saw a promotion with her on QVC and what is obvious is she definitely had a face lift. I ordered a few rings many years ago but nothing of late. Have more jewelry than I need

I agree about the facelift.  She looks very different than she did even a few years ago.  At one point I believe she lost weight, but then she must have had work done.  I disagree that she looks sick; she does not.  But she definitely looks different.  (Not really loving the blonde hair either.)

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Teddixat  Wasn’t the facelift quite awhile ago? Unless she had another one.