Honored Contributor

I don't understand why the Q has not carried jade in their inventory. Even though trade sanctions have been lifted from Burma, there are other sources of jade to be had. Q makes it seem like Burma is the only place to get jade and it's not.

Honored Contributor

There was lovely Jade on the Q about 20 years ago.

I have a set of about 7 rings in 14 k gold. the jade bands are set w semi precious stones and fit into a an enhancer. 

Very pretty. I don't wear it a lot because I'm always afraid one of the bands will crack.

Respected Contributor

The problem arose a few years ago due to the combination of two things.  The Q had been selling jade that was purported to be from China, and Yim Tom was the vendor rep for that jade.  At that time the US had an active trade embargo against Myanmar's military junta government.  Somehow it was discovered that the jade the Q was selling was being mined in Myanmar and smuggled across the border into China, and then falsely marketed as Chinese jade.  At that point the Q had no choice but to stop marketing the product.  Now that the US no longer embargoes Myanmar, the Q is free to import and sell "Burmese" jade.  I have a lot of jade from it's previous sale time on the Q, and I hope that the variety and artistry once seen from Yim Tom's company comes back to the Q.  I still wear my "Year of the Horse" carved horse medallion pendant and my entwined-necks swan pendant as well as the many rings I purchased back in the day.  Unfortunately, with gold prices what they are, I didn't purchase the carved rose pendant the Q sold yesterday, it was just too much for my retirement budget.  But anyway, that's the full story of what went down with Asian jadeite's temporary disappearance from QVC.

Respected Contributor

I would really like to get the Jade bead necklace and bracelet.  It looks so elegant and tasteful.  The carved rose necklace is also very pretty.  I spent way too much money on jewelry from the other network over last weekend to justify spending any more right now.   

Honored Contributor

Sky high prices.

Honored Contributor

I have a few pieces of the jade in 14k the Q sold years ago, a ring, earrings and a bangle. The pieces were very expensive back then,this jade looks lighter in color than what I have.

Respected Contributor

There's a Sterling Burmese Jade QVC2 Big Deal tonight and a one hour jade show with Jayne Brown and Michele Lau repeated throughout the day on Sunday.

http://www.qvc.com/Bold-Oval-Jade-White-Zircon-Sterling-Silver-Ring.product.J348163.html?sc=PRODFEED

More word vomit on the description. It should say:

Sterling

Burmese Jade

& 0.75 ct tw

White Zircon

Ring

Also there is a two hour Colors of Gemstone Jewelry from 10am to Noon tomorrow most likely with Pat. With a silver Big Deal it would have been more fitting to have a two hour SIlver Style with Jill instead.

Trusted Contributor

The only piece that appealed to me was the rose carved jade pendant.  It seemed a little overpriced to me--if I was just dying to have it, I would certainly shop around.  Jade always seemed like a relatively inexpensive gemstone to me, based on prices in other places.

I was also somewhat disappointed that the jade was all green.  I have plenty of green jade and would like a different range of colors, especially lavendar or blue.  Now, I may have missed something, since I didn't watch the shows, but only looked at what was listed online.  Still, I think I'll shop around.

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

The only piece that appealed to me was the rose carved jade pendant.  It seemed a little overpriced to me--if I was just dying to have it, I would certainly shop around.  Jade always seemed like a relatively inexpensive gemstone to me, based on prices in other places.

I was also somewhat disappointed that the jade was all green.  I have plenty of green jade and would like a different range of colors, especially lavendar or blue.  Now, I may have missed something, since I didn't watch the shows, but only looked at what was listed online.  Still, I think I'll shop around.

HSN does have lavendar, yellow and red, dyed of course but still pretty pieces.  Evine also has different colors of jade.  Enjoy shopping.

Trusted Contributor

Dear SilleeMee,

You are sooo right. The most expensive and desirable jadeite (Burmese Jadeite, Burma Jade, Imperial Jade, or Chinese Jade) usually comes from Myanmar (formerly Burma), but small quantities are mined in Guatemala, Mexico and Russia. Jade can come from many places, but the most common and least valuable gray or grayish green.

75% of the world’s jade come from the mines of British Columbia in the form of nephrite, but that's also mined in Taiwan, the United States and (in small amounts) Australia.

Canada is not that far🌻