Honored Contributor

I see Jade is coming to the Q.  This is nice to see.  I usually get mine from HSN.  I have one piece from Evine. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow, that's great!  I LOVE all colors of jade.  Can't wait to see what they have to offer.  Hope it isn't the same old tired Chinese designs--how many "good luck"-type pieces can you wear, anywaay?

Honored Contributor

The Q used to have a fair amount of jade shows in years past.  I have a decent amount of different pieces of jade that I purchased here many years ago.  In fact all of the jade I have came from QVC.  Some is of one color, a few bracelets are multicolored, very lovely.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

The Q used to have a fair amount of jade shows in years past.  I have a decent amount of different pieces of jade that I purchased here many years ago.  In fact all of the jade I have came from QVC.  Some is of one color, a few bracelets are multicolored, very lovely.

I have a multi colored one from HSN that I just wore yesterday.  I like the presentations on HSN because Stella the rep.  will always tell you which ones are dyed.  This does not bother me but to some people it is important.  I have a very pretty yellow jade ring.  It is the color of an egg yoke.  On Evine I notice some of the pieces are dyed and they do not mention it on the presentation, however it is in the description on the website.  Either way I do like jade.  I am sure your jade is good quality since you purchased years ago.

Honored Contributor

I'm really happy to see this.  I think QVC had the best and most natural looking jade.  I've had some from HSN and Evine and both appear dyed in very unnatural colors.  Wonder if Yim Tom is coming back?  I hope that's her name. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Burmese jade ring and earrings from Hong Kong that I treasure (I got them when I taught in Japan and visited HK). I would love to get more pieces of this. Do you think they will offer this stone? 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Wonder if Yim Tom is coming back?  I hope that's her name. 

She was the guest on the Chinese Jade shows. I wouldn't think Jade Jewelry or Colors of Jade would have a guest unless all the Jade is coming from one source, like Csarite or Ammolite. It's funny that QVC says this Memorial Day's Jade Jewelry show is new, yet Jade Jewelry, The World of Jade, or Colors of Jade aired on Gem Day every year from 1994 to 2007. It probably premired on a January Gem Week in the early 90s and should have had a twenty-something anniversary this year.

Respected Contributor

I liked the jade pieces presented today.  Very timeless and classy looking.  I bought the one day only priced ring. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watched most of the show since it was raining - I thought the pieces were very pretty but the ones that really appealed to me were very expensive so I had to pass.

Valued Contributor

ITA!  All the jade yesterday was green.

I think the reason jade disappeared from Q was some sort of trade embargo, b/c USA is not on best of terms w/Burma (aka Myanmar).