Honored Contributor

Wouldn't this belt be stunning worn with a pair of jeans or a denim dress?  How would you wear it?  It's an intricate, exquisite piece of jewelry.

Screenshot_20240206_141543_Facebook.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I have a couple of longer denim shirts. I think it would look good belting them. It could really draw attention to the belt.

Honored Contributor

@On It.  That would be perfect!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF.  How would you wear it?  You have such great fashion sense.

Trusted Contributor
Unfortunately I don’t have the waist to wear that. I always wear my shirts out.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Gorgeous!  I would love to wear it with white, on a dress, white jeans or white pants and white top, with a couple of turquoise and coral pieces of jewelry.

I used to have a white cotton dress that I would accessorize with my silver and turquoise jewelry. I never had a turquoise concho belt. I would have loved that on my white dress. As a divorced mother with five children a concho belt was out of my budget.

I also had a pair of turquoise color snakeskin high heels that I would sometimes wear with the white dress. That was back in the 80's - 90's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Belt

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff.  That sounds gorgeous.  Very striking.

I ran across this picture and thought of you.  Maybe there's time for a career change from doll dresser to doll maker.  Put me on your list as the first customer.

Screenshot_20240130_150353_Facebook.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 wrote:
Unfortunately I don’t have the waist to wear that. I always wear my shirts out.

@Allthingsgirly67.  I'm with you.  I have a silver concho belt that belonged to my mother but I've never worn it.  She was smaller than I.   Noy nearly as pretty as this one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting Belt

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   When my son and daughter were little, I made them Raggedy Anne and Raggedy Andy dolls. The dolls were two feet tall. They are in their 50's and they still have those dolls.

My daughter's doll was so well loved, that I had to re-embroider the face and replace elastic on the sleeves and pantaloons, a few years ago. She was thrilled.

I don't have any ambition to make more dolls, but two years ago, I purchased two of those vintage Navajo dolls on Etsy, a boy and a girl. I have a Native American doll collection, but I bought those two as gifts for one of my girls. I can't decide who to give them to, either a daughter or a grand daughter. The dolls in the picture are great, they look just like the two that I bought.

When my great grand daughter was dancing at the powwows, I made her a jingle dance dress with 100 jingles sewn on. After a few years, she lost interest in the dancing, so I don't think that she would care about the dolls. She's 13 now.

Since Covid, there have not been any local powwows, where we live. My three daughters and I miss going to the powwows.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff. The Gathering of Nations is on for this year, in case you have the yen to come South.

The Navajo lady in the picture has such a sweet face.  I bet she's a gentle soul.

With your attention to detail, Indian doll making would be a natural for you.