New Contributor

Re: I Thought This Time Of Year QVC Sold Jewelry for Christmas?

It seems to have changed.  I am sick and tired of the Dyson vac, dell computers, etc.

not even too many cameras to look at.  They had in the past on Christmas Eve something diamonique which i always bought.  See no diamonique tsv on Christmas Eve guess no diamonique this year for the new year.  I love the jewelry shows like diamonique as well as the sterling silver and stainless steel line.  guess i will be watching another jewelery site and purchase elsewehere if that is the case.

Spoiler

New Contributor

It seems to have changed.  I am sick and tired of the Dyson vac, dell computers, etc.

not even too many cameras to look at.  They had in the past on Christmas Eve something diamonique which i always bought.  See no diamonique tsv on Christmas Eve guess no diamonique this year for the new year.  I love the jewelry shows like diamonique as well as the sterling silver and stainless steel line.  guess i will be watching another jewelery site and purchase elsewehere if that is the case.

Spoiler
bored with the telecasts 

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed! It seems like its tablets, massagers, snow rremoval...all hard goods. Boring to me for sure. I haven't watched in days! Where are the clothing and jewelry shows??

Respected Contributor

At least in Jan all day gold shows.

Honored Contributor

I guess QVC doesn't have the buying power they used to brag about.   I loved the jewelry shows, it's not as fun combing the site to find items.    I loved the Sunday morning Silver shows Jane did.    We knew the going rate for gold & silver & it was easy to decide if it was a good deal or not.    Most of the time it was a really good deal.   Now it's all over-priced designers.   I still wear my little marine link bracelet almost daily.   Solid 14k, made in Italy.   And I still have all my silver bracelets & necklaces.   All sterling-- rope, box, link.    Every one of them shiny still.    Anyone remember the 100" necklace?   I still wear it.

Honored Contributor

Maybe practical gifts are more popular this year.

Honored Contributor

I ordered J333617 and it came yesterday.

j333617.jpg

They are quite substantial for $100.  They look "see thru" but they are actually puffed with an identical back plate (for lack of a better explanation).

They are a little squarer than they looked on tv.  I'm not sure if I'm loving these or not yet.

They are comfortable to wear and look nice.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

I agree the Q isn't showing very many pretty things for the holiday. Most of their shows are like infomercials. I think the vendors keep the inventory so the Q doesn't have to, must save them money. It is nothing like the shows of way back when with unique items.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

At least in Jan all day gold shows.

When people likely have money from Christmas gifts to spend on what they want!

Honored Contributor

Exactly.

I usually buy the "gold earring gift" every year but they haven't done that in a while.  They did a "set" but I already have 2 of the 3, so the set wasn't a value to me.

I'll be watching in January Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN