Honored Contributor

Re: I Thought This Time Of Year QVC Sold Jewelry for Christmas?

I hope we'll see some good deals on the jewelry clearance shows. The problem is I haven't seen much I liked at the regular price. Knocking $25 off won't make it more appealing. There just has not been enough variety. Until Q clears out some inventory, I think we'll be seeing more of the same. 

Respected Contributor

Christmas Eve TSV this year is Quacker. First time in many years no jewelry TSV on this day.
Trusted Contributor

It seems like ages since we've seen Christmas/ holiday shows that featured Arte d'Oro, Diamonique, hours of Joan's lovely pieces that were copies of her originals and Tova's beautiful tsvs just in time for gift giving. I always looked forward to those shows and always bought Tova's tsv. 

Now it seems as though customers use be clamoring for vacuums,dusters and snow shovels. All of that's fine although I don't have the need for any of that nor do I watch the shows. I miss the merriment that the programs of past years provided.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Remember, 101 Jewelry Gift Ideas?  Last show before Christmas  that offered "guaranteed" delivery.

101 Jewelry Gift Ideas was the week after Thanksgiving and last aired in 2007. All-Day Jewelry Extravaganza was the 24-hour event held every year on December 19 or 20 from 1987 to 2000. From 2001 to 2006 it was called Special Delivery Jewelry Gifts. From 2007 to 2011 it was called All Day Jewelry Gifts. From 2012 to 2015 the jewelry event moved to Christmas Eve from Midnight to sign off at 4pm ET. In 2016 no jewelry event was held in December for the first time in QVC's history as a 24-hour network, being the last in a long string of jewelry event cancelations in 2016.

Honored Contributor

In the past the Q would usually have a diamond ring and also a lovely Diamonique piece. Things have changed!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 seems to me that they waited too long (as they have done for the past few years) to show jewelry.  I noticed they had some shows on a couple of days before Christmas but I was already done with gift shopping.  I enjoy giving jewelry to family & friends but I bought everything from somewhere else.

the items that QVC seemed intent on trying to sell didn't even register on my radar and quite honestly I simply didn't tune into QVC because I wasn't interested.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 I totally agree with you.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember the end of year clearance, sooo many deals. Too many, I couldnt buy them all. I think the tag line was, you shopped for others now for yourself. Worked for me!

Trusted Contributor

I really missed the clearance jewelry shows they used to have on the past couple of years on Christmas Eve. I used to treat myself right before seeing the in-laws. Not this year. 

Honored Contributor

Valentines Day is coming!