Honored Contributor

Re: How do you make your rings keep from going sideways when you wear them?

@esmeraldagooch - Question:  If your fingers swell as the day progresses, how do you get them off?

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@esmeraldagooch - Question:  If your fingers swell as the day progresses, how do you get them off?

The product is soft and maluable.  I have no problems removing the rings.  You can put a little or a lot so you have total control of the size.  It does cause friction so the rings don't spin, Just a little on the shank may be all you need.

Honored Contributor

Walmart also carries a compatible product to ring snuggies

Honored Contributor

Due to  hands swelling from arthritis, my fingers on both hands vary as much as a full size.  I bought the product Esmerelda recommended a few years ago and now can wear most of my rings on one hand or the other.  When I buy a new ring I choose the larger of the two sizes and use the product when wearing it on a smaller finger.  I haven't had a jeweler cut down a ring in years. It is horribly expensive around here and you lose that tiny bit of gold or silver. I also can buy rings at auction that are two sizes too big and wear them using this product.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, The option for New and Improved ring guard is the cheapest alternative to fix your problem on multiple rings without it showing from the shank side.  Your can have ring bumps installed by your jeweler.  Blobs of metal added to the inside of the shank at the 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock areas .  It allows you to slide the ring on but causes friction to hold the ring on.   

If your knuckle is quite large and money is no object there are better alternatives especially for wedding bands.  This is purchased through a jeweler and half your shank is removed and these items are welded in place.

http://www.fingermate.com/

http://fingerfit.com/

and my favorite...

http://superfitinc.com/

ringbumps.jpg

Honored Contributor

I had my jeweler put little 2 little gold balls at the bottom inside of several rings and it worked....but I did that before gold got so crazy expensive.  

Valued Contributor

My wedding set I was a 4, due to surgery, I had them cut off, made them 4 and a1/4 they still spin, my right hand is a size 5 to a 5 and a1/2, which is hard to get, I also do size 6, take a couple of diamondnique bands a size smaller put those on and and the rings stay put!