Honored Contributor

How do you make your rings keep from going sideways when you wear them?

I have to get like an 8 to fit over a knuckle. As the day passes, rings with more on top, will start to swing around my finger. This drives me nuts. I can only change rings around 4, to get them over the knuckle. I think I need to just to pendants and earrings. LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you make your rings keep from going sideways when you wear them?

[ Edited ]

New and improved ring guard.

Under $10.00 per tube, find online.

Solves the annoying problem of rings that slip, slide, twist or just fall off your finger. Works on all sizes of rings. Can also be used on clip earrings to ease pinching.
The product is applied to the inside of the band. The solution dries to a solid white soft plastic. You now have a secure fitting ring with no visible plastic or metal showing on the outer surface of the band.
To remove Ring Guard Solution just peel off!
Ring Guard Solution can also be applied to the pad of clip earrings to add comfort, prevent slipping and to ease pinching in place of using slip pads or adhesive foam pads.
One tube contains 7.5 grams which is more than adequate for a number of rings (approximately 5 dozen plus) or rings and clip earrings.

* Easy to use!
* Works on all sizes of rings!
* Nothing shows on the outside of ring!
* Provides a secure and comfortable fit!
* Solution is white!
* Ring Guard Solution dries to a white soft plastic!
* Join two rings together!
* Last for months!
* Bath, shower, wash dishes, swim etc.!
* Makes a unique giftringguard.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal do you switch your rings a lot? That would determine which product would be best. I have used Ring Snuggies which you can find on Amazon. I have also used a product similar to the one that @esmeraldagooch mentioned.

If you're a little adventurous, this might be a good DIY for you. This works well. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch:

Same problem . . . Thank you for the tip! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies, I'll need to look into that. I copied off what EG posted so I'll know what to look for on Amazon. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Keep in mind that if you use a product to make the ring smaller on your finger so that it won't spin, the reduced size may be too small to fit over your knuckle. Worth a try though.
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:
Keep in mind that if you use a product to make the ring smaller on your finger so that it won't spin, the reduced size may be too small to fit over your knuckle. Worth a try though.

@nomless

I was thinking the same thing ... it will make putting it on even harder.

Honored Contributor

@nomless and @Tinkrbl44 you are correct. That's why Ring Snugglies was one of my suggestions. They are also offered on ebay. 

Ring Snuggies Loose Ring Adjusters Sizers Jewelry Silver Gold - Assorted Sizes

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks ladies, you guys are awesome. I had never heard of ring snuggies. Will definitely be looking into getting some. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I have to get like an 8 to fit over a knuckle. As the day passes, rings with more on top, will start to swing around my finger. This drives me nuts. I can only change rings around 4, to get them over the knuckle. I think I need to just to pendants and earrings. LOL

@qualitygal

i used to be a ring lover .... but now that I have a touch of arthritis in my ring finger knuckle,  I'm becoming a bracelet gal ....  the arthritis isn't going away, so it's time to adapt.