Valued Contributor

Does anyone know about this new jewelry line that Q just announced?  How does it hold up and is it worth the price?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

all i know is its been around for quite awhile. this company was on the show undercover boss.

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely love stella and dot.  I order on their web page and have several pieces.  The quality and weight, in my opinion, is well worth the price.  have not gotten anything, and I have necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings that I do not love.  Now I was sad that, unless they change before the show, QVC is certainly not offering many with easy pay and that is unfortunate especially since that is a big factor in the Q purchases. Try a piece and I do not think you will be sorry.  It is addictive Smiley Wink.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks you ! labmommy and pooky1, for getting back to me.  I liked the looks of the long necklace and it is on easy pay.  It is made out of brass and has a gold plating which I was  not sure of but since you answered I am going to order.

Respected Contributor

From what I hear, overpriced fake jewelry. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stella and Dot

[ Edited ]

I have two pairs of earrings that I bought from them.  A friend of mine's daughter held a "trunk sale"  to sell their items and although I couldn't attend, I bought the itmes online.  I've had them for around 1-2 years and am very pleased with the quality and the look.  One pair was their sentiment stone drop earrings and I was concerned that they might be too heavy, but they weren't. They have some unique chandelier type earrings that aren't for everyone but they are very pretty.  They are a little more expensive than I like to pay, but was doing the friend's daughter a favor and I liked them.  I assume prices will be a little better on QVC. Mine have both held up well. 

You can check out their web site to see the type of items that they carry.  

Valued Contributor

I have old and newer pieces of this line as I live where it started and is headquartered. I think the quality is good. I have no missing stones or broken pieces and I am hard on my jewelry.  The designs are fresh. I do have one gold leaf charm on a multi charm necklace and the gold has worn off on spots from friction with the other charms. I don't mind and the other pieces I have cared for better are perfect.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any Stella & Dot but it looks similar in style to BaubleBar.  I have several BB items & love them.

Glad to be home to see the new show. Like the trunk show format! 

Anyone buying??? I'm still looking...here are my picks

Stella & Dot Rebel Pendant with Chain (J329419)

Stella & Dot Pave' Triangle 6-in-1 Ear Jacket Earrings (J329421)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

My DIL is a Stella and Dot sales rep and I have been gifted about 4-5 pair of earrings.  They hold up very well and I get more compliments on them when I wear a pair than I do my real gold.  The quality is good.

Super Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority in that I think it is really overpriced for what it is.  I have one necklace that I bought when a friend had a party, and, although it is pretty and I do wear it occasionally, I think I paid a little over $100 for what is essentially base metal and glass beads.  I do think it is of a better quality than a lot of costume jewelry, but when you consider that you could get sterling silver and real gems for that price, if not less, I don't think it's a great value.

Having said that, I tend to buy pieces that I love no matter whether they are "real" or not.  So if I saw something in this line that really bowled me over, I might consider it.  They do have some pretty pieces!