Regular Contributor
What's with the hosts ordering in the studio when they are trying to sell you something. I know they see the items before the show they can order it then, not while they are trying to get you to buy. Maybe a PR trick???
Super Contributor

It's a PR ploy, puggirl. Smile

Esteemed Contributor

its a childish woman thing....you never hear the men yell out...order me this GPS....Bose...or any of the various ""men-type"" products...Put that Dell on my card...throw in this car polisher product along with it....lol....

its very unbecoming...and does not get me to purchase...actually its a turn off...and it seems more and more female hosts are doing it...I heard Jill order some gold earrings yesterday...

Respected Contributor

I think it's a ploy also to push an unpopular color--"Quick Chunky,order me the crop pants in neon green" then neon green will start to sell

Super Contributor

Maybe the rules have changed but back in the day I remember the hosts saying that they weren't supposed to order anything until they were off the air.

Frequent Contributor
I remember them saying also that they were not allowed to order until after the show so customers get first dibs. But obviously rules must have changed because a lot of them are doing now so guess it turned into a sales ploy now.
Respected Contributor

Yes, only the women do it. It's very unprofessional & absolutely does not make me rush to order!

I wish they'd stop doing that. Yes, I know, I have free will & can change the channel. I do.

Honored Contributor
Ladybug is right; it's just a trick to stimulate sales. I always loved my co-workers but I wouldn't trust them or anyone else with my CC information and PIN number, would you?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

OMG! I have to order whenever they say it.

Regular Contributor

I think this is childish. Obviously, the hosts can order this stuff anytime. I find it very irritating, and I think less of each host that does it. Do they thing we're stupid?