Respected Contributor

I am noticing a disturbing new trend-- more and more of Judith's earrings are suddenly not being manufactured in clip versions. I also noticed some new rose quartz drop/dangle earrings - rose quartz being one of my all time favorite stones - with very large carat weights --sniff-- sniff-- that are not available in clip-on style. Why?????????? I love rose quartz!!!!!

Examples:

J336383 - 22.5 carats!!!

J336377 - 36 carats!!!!!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.crying} I guess I won't be able to order either pair…. I am not happy about this.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not have pieced ears either. I purchase omega clips and cut off the post. Your jeweler can tighten the clip if its not tight enough to stay on your ear. J336377 looks perfect for this.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your response, Colliegirls. I was thinking about doing that, possibly. There are only two things holding me back: 1. I don't have a jeweler, so I would have to find one willing to do this for me, at a price, of course, and 2. I am not sure these earrings would be alterable in a functional way due to the open, lightweight omega back (just a simple loop) versus the considerable weight of the quartz stones in this particular set of earrings.

I couldn't keep the lovely shell shaped MOP JRQ earrings on my ears for the very same reason. They kept slipping off as the back of earring didn't have enough weight to counter the weight of the design.

Super Contributor

Good Morning Jersey Born!

I can't blame you for being upset...I love rose quartz to! I can only hope that they are not showing the clips for these earrings, because maybe they have so many for the show in June? I hope they bring clips for you and the other ladies.

I had just noticed these earrings and the enhancer and was wondering if anyone had posted about them.....The price for the carat weight is reasonable in my opinion. I like the smaller carat personally, if I decide to pick them up.....I am debating now.....

Super Contributor

Oh Heck!

I just ordered the 22.50 carat rose quartz earrings with the matching enhancer! These will be my birthday present to me in June....I can't pass up these beauties at this price!

Pink goes with everything, through out the year....this is a no brainer!

Trusted Contributor
On 5/17/2014 Me2Me said:

Oh Heck!

I just ordered the 22.50 carat rose quartz earrings with the matching enhancer! These will be my birthday present to me in June....I can't pass up these beauties at this price!

Pink goes with everything, through out the year....this is a no brainer!

Yes it does! Those new RQ pieces look great.

I have this RQ necklace from years ago. I bet the new RQ enhancer would look great with it.

Judith Ripka Sterling 10.0mm Gemstone Bead 18 Necklace w/ Heart Enhancer

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

There's no photo with the ruler grid, either.

I'm wondering if both of these earrings are too heavy for clips. Maybe they fall off.

Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sakes, just go get your ears pierced and then you can wear anything you want! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

This company was recently sold so I imagine there will e a lot of changes.

Trusted Contributor

Probably because the majority of earring-wearers nowadays have pierced ears. It's hard to find much selection in clip-ons even in brick and mortar stores. They're simply manufacturing and marketing for the majority of purchasers.