Honored Contributor

Re: Host-Designed Diamonique Rings

@stevieb wrote:

I'm so over DMQ and have been for years. Never was drawn in by the host designed rings, the only one ever to have captured my fancy and that was years ago, being the 'love' inscribed ring. I believe it was attributed to Mary Beth... I just happened to like the ring... Don't think it's still offered by QVC... The current one being cited looks over the top and like exactly what it is, a fake... I think the faux diamond rings are more believable when they feature fewer stones and preferably a single reasonably sized stone...

@stevieb 

I never thought Diamonique was high quality after purchasing a couple:  One pendant and one ring. 

I do think Absolute was of better clarity as I purchased one for a 12-year-old girl who wanted one, knowing full well if she had a real one she might lose it.  She is graduated college now, married and still wears the Absolute most of the time.  She says she would not "just die" if she lost it but might if she lost her "real" diamond that her husband gave her for wedding day.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I know a woman who has a 6 carat diamond ring. It is real..she lives in a 7500 sq ft house and her DH is a diamond broker. She wears it all the time but for me it is too big to look real...because it is so darn huge! ( it is also drop-dead gorgeous). Two of my daughters had 2-3 carat engagement rings...I still worry about them wearing them everywhere...an older lady near our neighborhood was followed home from the grocery store and killed for her five-carat diamond. 

@lovesrecess   My DIL has a 5-carat but my son is not a diamond broker.  They just shopped wisely. It was for their 10th wedding anniversary.  She rarely wears it.  She is a very small person, wears a size 4 ring.  She wears her 5th anniversary ring more frequently which is just over 1 ct. 

They married in 1st year of college.  Her original is about 0.25 carat.  It means a great deal more than either of the others.  She wears it as a right hand ring.  

Frequent Contributor

I bought Amy's ring five or six years ago, when Amy used to have an overnight show on Thursday nights. I have loved this ring since day one. The black stones really set off the Ascher cut center stone, giving it a vintage look that I love. Honestly, I have never, ever had as many compliments on any ring, real diamonds, Diamonique, colored gemstones, whatever! I still love the ring!

Esteemed Contributor

@mrssweetiebear I so agree about wanting to have QVC provide the mm size of the stone. Then I have a much better idea of size and whether or not I want to buy it.

The DMQ santa and frosty stud earrings are a good case in point. If they had given the measurements in mm,I'd have known they were tiny!

Honored Contributor

I bought Amy's asscher cut ring several years ago and I loved it.  Unfortunately it lost a stone and I sent it back.  I don't care for the Meghan ring Amy wears now.

I looked at some of the Courtney Cason pieces online and I think they are very much what the minimalists are wearing, and I think they are quite unique.

The other Courtney's ring is just too big to be anything more than a fun ring IMO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "Antonella," a 25 ct simulated weight blue pear-cut Diamonique Sterling ring, debuts during March Is Silver Month. Largest Diamonique stone that QVC has ever designed in a ring.

ScreenShot085.jpg

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

The "Antonella," a 25 ct simulated weight blue pear-cut Diamonique Sterling ring, debuts during March Is Silver Month. Largest Diamonique stone that QVC has ever designed in a ring.

ScreenShot085.jpg

Wow!  In a colored Diamonique stone I'd probably go up as large as a 15 or 16 ct simulated weight tops, and I'd rock it (pun intended) as a fun cocktail ring.  But 25 ct is too huge for my taste.

I cannot wait to see it presented.  Antonella stays true to herself, doesn't she? Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Sorry but these really large 4,5 and 6 carat rings are not believable unless you are JLo or some other celebrity. To me, they scream fake. Now if you are okay with that, go for it. I have been watching Diamonique for however long it has been on and have gone for it several times.....each time disappointed. I have an Absolute from HSN from over 20 years ago and it is yellow and looks exactly like a yellow diamond. It is faceted beautifully and someone comments every time I wear it. Not true with Diamonique.