Highlighted
Contributor

Re: HAS ANYONE ORDERED/RECEIVED THIS RIPKA RING ?

Remee,

I read this thread and I am curious, why don't you buy any Ripka Jewelry? I am a big fan myself and I have quite a collection. I know not every piece is for everyone, and a lot of the prices have gotten out of hand, but you would never buy anything ever? I know that you don't have to respond to this and I am not looking to bash anyone, I really am just curious to know why? Thank you.

Regular Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Remee said:

I saw this on air the other night when Jill was hosting the show with Judith. Interesting because I never watch Ripka or Jill shows, but evidentally I turned my station's and it landed there. Jill was going on and on about how beautiful and affordable this ring was. It was like $ 99.00 and change on three Easy Pays I believe. (Now it's back to the original price of $ 110.00 ).

I thought it might be a bit too flashy for Jill's taste, but she carried on and on about it and how she would like to wear it, etc.

I listened to a few callers who were excited to purchase it.

I considered it for a moment, it is pretty, and similar to my canary diamond engagement ring set.

But I have to be true to self and in keeping with my stand on not purchasing anything from Ms. Ripka.

I am wondering if any of you saw it and purchased it with Jill's persuasion ?

I did not find your comment offensive Remee....I thought you had decided that she and the Q had gone over the top with pricing and that was the gist of your comment; certainly there are a lot of us feel that way and are also buying less or nothing.

But I remember you were irritated at some of us who loved a piece, posted reviews and made you look up the item number to get a picture and, as I said to you at the time, I have never been able to do this, BUT I do appreciate those who do. I have copied your gracious instructions and will try it next time I want everyone to drool over a piece I love.

Let's all let it go; Remee, if you have been around a while you have seen how rude and annoying some posters are who come into this forum JUST to badmouth what we love....we have developed a sensitivity to those kinds of posts and I believe your comment was NOT intended that way.

judy

Honored Contributor

The stones are pretty, and while they are an emerald SHAPE, they are not an emerald CUT. Emerald cuts have the step cut, and reflect light much differently ... like baguettes.

If this makes any difference to you .... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 judyakm said:
On 10/12/2014 Remee said:

I saw this on air the other night when Jill was hosting the show with Judith. Interesting because I never watch Ripka or Jill shows, but evidentally I turned my station's and it landed there. Jill was going on and on about how beautiful and affordable this ring was. It was like $ 99.00 and change on three Easy Pays I believe. (Now it's back to the original price of $ 110.00 ).

I thought it might be a bit too flashy for Jill's taste, but she carried on and on about it and how she would like to wear it, etc.

I listened to a few callers who were excited to purchase it.

I considered it for a moment, it is pretty, and similar to my canary diamond engagement ring set.

But I have to be true to self and in keeping with my stand on not purchasing anything from Ms. Ripka.

I am wondering if any of you saw it and purchased it with Jill's persuasion ?

I did not find your comment offensive Remee....I thought you had decided that she and the Q had gone over the top with pricing and that was the gist of your comment; certainly there are a lot of us feel that way and are also buying less or nothing.

But I remember you were irritated at some of us who loved a piece, posted reviews and made you look up the item number to get a picture and, as I said to you at the time, I have never been able to do this, BUT I do appreciate those who do. I have copied your gracious instructions and will try it next time I want everyone to drool over a piece I love.

Let's all let it go; Remee, if you have been around a while you have seen how rude and annoying some posters are who come into this forum JUST to badmouth what we love....we have developed a sensitivity to those kinds of posts and I believe your comment was NOT intended that way.

judy

judy, I was the poster that Remee jumped all over because I didn't post a picture of the item I was referring to. Most people who post on this forum know I have multiple sclerosis (MS). Sometimes this limits my thought process. And they cut me a break.

To post something like she did about never buying any Ripka. That would be like me to go onto the Temptations forum and ask about a piece but stating I would never ever buy any of that line.

Just saying......

Frequent Contributor

Lets all be kind to each other, to much going on in the world to hurt each other here. Smiley Happy

The ring is very pretty, would love to see JR make one in a carat or two as well.

Happy thought: "Hope everyone has a better day today then yesterday and even better tomorrow"