Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/6/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/6/2015 Crazed4Gems said:
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I too looked at the preview and absolutely nothing caught my eye. The few items I may like are too far out of my reach price wise. I have to work that day anyway, but I've been really happy with my jewelry purchases that I've made elsewhere lately. Sad, but true. Will not be buying.

Nothing caught my eye either - and that's good for my finances!!

I agree with both you ladies. There wasn't one item I'd consider buying. I get better deals on ShopHQ.

Yes! And I think ShopHQ's Gem Week is right around the corner! Hold on to your credit card!!

Hi there Crazed you cutie! If Our friend Micheal is involved we're in deep you know what!!! Lol lol

I love Michael's jewelry. I have so many of his pieces, most from his former 14k days. I also like his GEVII pendants. I can't wear his earrings as they're too heavy. But wow, his gems are always great.

I do have many pairs of Michael's stud earrings and they are the bomb. The studs are large enough to have a beautiful presence but small enough because they are just studs. You should try some of his studs. OMG!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

No. Haven't seen it. Through no fault of my own, as I never changed my QVC email settings, I stopped getting advance notices. That said, I'm not interested in YET another piece of Sleeping Beauty, nor hour upon hour of their 'mine is closed' mantra... QVC really has ceased to surprise or delight... As for the rest of gem day, I'll surely watch some of it, if for no other reason than because they do it so rarely any more, but if the promo is any indication, it appears to be more of the same old stuff, with probably very little that is actually new. Like I said, QVC has completely ceased to offer much of anything to surprise or delight their established customers... Who knows, maybe all those new customers they keep talking about are enjoying all the stale, repetitive offerings and tiresome, redundant sales pitches...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I looked at the preview and nothing held my interest.

I did do a major head shake when I saw the Judith Ripka sterling, blue topaz and diamonique bracelet for over $1,000.00. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 pas4116 said:
On 1/6/2015 Shogirl said:

I perused the Gem Day preview and here are my thoughts-

-I can't believe how many Sleeping Beauty pieces there are - why so much?

-I can't believe the high prices of many of the pieces (which makes me wonder if this is the trend, since ShopHQ seems to be carrying more and more high cost solid gold with gemstone pieces.)

-I liked the variety of designs.

-I can't believe the high prices! (Oh, I already said that...)

There is quite a bit of SB. I thought the mine was closed!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I have read that the SB mine is currently being mined for copper instead of turquoise. QVC must have bought a huge haul of it. Personally, I prefer turquoise with some matrix.

It seems it wasn't all that long ago that the hosts used to rave about the matrix on turquoise items!!!!! They would positively gush over it!!!!! Now…."look….totally free of any matrix….yipee"!!!!! I agree with you, without the matrix, it looks almost fake to me. I believe I own one ring and one pair of earrings in SB. Enough for me.

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I looked at the preview and nothing held my interest.

I did do a major head shake when I saw the Judith Ripka sterling, blue topaz and diamonique bracelet for over $1,000.00. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yes, that was definitely a take your breath away price, IMO. If I'm going to buy designer silver at those prices, I don't want faux bling on it - that's just me. Once upon a time, before JR prices on Q went thru what is my personal price ceiling on jewelry, I treated myself to a couple of her bangles. No DMQ, nice silver and nice gems. I enjoy wearing them. Now I just "look" at the items and their prices.

Like some others, I'll wait for ShopHQ's gem week and see if I am more tempted there.

Contributor

Hi. Does anyone have a link or item number for the TSV ring?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
On 1/6/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I too looked at the preview and absolutely nothing caught my eye. The few items I may like are too far out of my reach price wise. I have to work that day anyway, but I've been really happy with my jewelry purchases that I've made elsewhere lately. Sad, but true. Will not be buying.

Nothing caught my eye either - and that's good for my finances!!

I agree with both you ladies. There wasn't one item I'd consider buying. I get better deals on ShopHQ.

Yes! And I think ShopHQ's Gem Week is right around the corner! Hold on to your credit card!!

Hi there Crazed you cutie! If Our friend Micheal is involved we're in deep you know what!!! Lol lol

I love Michael's jewelry. I have so many of his pieces, most from his former 14k days. I also like his GEVII pendants. I can't wear his earrings as they're too heavy. But wow, his gems are always great.

I love MV also, but to be honest I prefer gold and gems. Anyway, my credit card will be safe on the Q's gem day. Michael teased about a big tanzy in solid gold on his last visit. I can't even imagine - credit card may not be safe then. If any of you do buy, enjoy your purchases. Have an awesome day!

Respected Contributor
Definitely will be watching Shophq gem week too, but do not kid yourself, if you look for SB it will not be $99 for this size of a stone.
Honored Contributor

I'm frankly sick of hearing about SB turquoise... but since this is the Q's latest flavor of the month (hot on the heels of black spinel and drusy...) it figured that the gem day TSV would be (gasp) SB... I went on-line and saw the ring and am not remotely interested... For those who haven't seen it, it's a decent size N-S rectangular SB turquoise stone set in your choice of silver or gold clad... To me, there is nothing distinctive about the ring. I might like it better upon presentation, but already have several pale blue turquoise rings set in both silver and gold and am not interested in another... And yes, to say that mine is closed, has been closed and will remain closed, they certainly do seem to come up with a boatload of this stuff... I guess we'll be hearing that mantra throughout the day; along with, as Gina noted, the miracles permitted by their 'buying power'... You have to wonder, if their 'buying power' is so great, why are gemstones now only offered a few times a year...? One can only assume their 'buying power' for blenders and computers is even greater...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
I guess they do not have a buying power for JR diamonique and other triplet or doublet stones.