Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Are you talking about QVC Gem Day or some other shopping channel?

Sorry - yes QVC's Gem Day

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Regular Contributor

I haven't bought any jewelry from the Q in a long time, their prices are way too high and the quality isn't there like it once was. I buy from Shop Q, HSN or JTV to get the best buys. These days money has to go farther and those other shopping channels seem to have more to choose from. And I'm so over, Judith Ripka seems like she's always on. The Q got rid of a lot good designers in the past and I feel lost a lot of shoppers to go with it.

Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I too looked at the preview and absolutely nothing caught my eye. The few items I may like are too far out of my reach price wise. I have to work that day anyway, but I've been really happy with my jewelry purchases that I've made elsewhere lately. Sad, but true. Will not be buying.

Nothing caught my eye either - and that's good for my finances!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/6/2015 Crazed4Gems said:
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I too looked at the preview and absolutely nothing caught my eye. The few items I may like are too far out of my reach price wise. I have to work that day anyway, but I've been really happy with my jewelry purchases that I've made elsewhere lately. Sad, but true. Will not be buying.

I agree with both you ladies. There wasn't one item I'd consider buying. I get better deals on ShopHQ.
Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I agree with both you ladies. There wasn't one item I'd consider buying. I get better deals on ShopHQ.

Yes! And I think ShopHQ's Gem Week is right around the corner! Hold on to your credit card!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

Yes! And I think ShopHQ's Gem Week is right around the corner! Hold on to your credit card!!

Hi there Crazed you cutie! If Our friend Micheal is involved we're in deep you know what!!! Lol lol
Honored Contributor

Don't care for turquoise ergo don't care for the TSV.

Still interested in that white topaz ring in the ad though.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/6/2015 Shogirl said:

I perused the Gem Day preview and here are my thoughts-

-I can't believe how many Sleeping Beauty pieces there are - why so much?

-I can't believe the high prices of many of the pieces (which makes me wonder if this is the trend, since ShopHQ seems to be carrying more and more high cost solid gold with gemstone pieces.)

-I liked the variety of designs.

-I can't believe the high prices! (Oh, I already said that...)

There is quite a bit of SB. I thought the mine was closed!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I have read that the SB mine is currently being mined for copper instead of turquoise. QVC must have bought a huge haul of it. Personally, I prefer turquoise with some matrix.

Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

Hi there Crazed you cutie! If Our friend Micheal is involved we're in deep you know what!!! Lol lol

I love Michael's jewelry. I have so many of his pieces, most from his former 14k days. I also like his GEVII pendants. I can't wear his earrings as they're too heavy. But wow, his gems are always great.

Super Contributor
On 1/6/2015 NYCGRL said:

I know! My credit card will be on life support soon!! I have to be strong and say "No"!! Yeah right!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}