Honored Contributor

The rings I liked were way too expensive and I don't have the lifestyle to have any place to wear them. I'm passing on any purchases.

Super Contributor

I'm probably the only person who doesn't like sleeping beauty turquoise. It looks like plastic to me.

Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 BonnieBelle said:

I'm probably the only person who doesn't like sleeping beauty turquoise. It looks like plastic to me.

No, you're not the only one. I despise the stuff. It is far from being the most desirable turquoise. True fanciers of the stone won't touch it. You'll never find it as the primary stone in a piece of fine Southwest jewelry. I'd prefer a stone with good color and an interesting, well-distributed matrix. Sleeping Beauty was made by TV shopping channels. Nobody wanted it until it was hyped there. I'm sure it'll go on forever.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Kachina624 said:

No, you're not the only one. I despise the stuff. It is far from being the most desirable turquoise. True fanciers of the stone won't touch it. You'll never find it as the primary stone in a piece of fine Southwest jewelry. I'd prefer a stone with good color and an interesting, well-distributed matrix. Sleeping Beauty was made by TV shopping channels. Nobody wanted it until it was hyped there. I'm sure it'll go on forever.

I'm with both of you. I was never a fan of Turquoise jewelry. I don't see anybody where I live even wearing Turquoise. Give me bling!! lol

Honored Contributor

I like it but as is always the case these days, it's overkill. There are SO many varieties of turquoise but they're stuck on this one, and there are far prettier varieties... Thank heavens the bucket is empty...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

I'm with both of you. I was never a fan of Turquoise jewelry. I don't see anybody where I live even wearing Turquoise. Give me bling!! lol

Don't get me wrong, Blingy, I love turquoise. I just don't care for SB. Mine has to be a lot more interesting. I wear it every day.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

Don't get me wrong, Blingy, I love turquoise. I just don't care for SB. Mine has to be a lot more interesting. I wear it every day.
Kachina, I thought you own the same SB bangle bracelet by Michael Valetutti as I own??? Remember multi stone, tiny ovals?
Super Contributor

I do like SB because the color is so soothing to me but it has become overkill lately and I'm sick of hearing about it actually! I also enjoy matrix-ed turquoise too. I haven't met a gem I didn't like! LOL!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius