Super Contributor

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of the Sleeping Beauty mine out of business sales tactic!!!!! Stop already!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Meh.....Nothing earth shattering so far. I like the turq that has the matrix running thru it and I like the colors other than the blue better. I do like that so far there is a different gem per hour---I do like that there seems to be more variety like the ammolite. However---the prices are way over my budget so prob won't be purchasing anything. but a nice change from the boring, usual line- up.

Respected Contributor

Well, I have to say that I cannot remember a Gem Day at QVC in the past where they had so many beautiful gemstone offerings in gold. I am not a fan of the prices, mind you, but there are many items I find extremely beautiful.

Contributor

I am enjoying watching Graziela Gems show.

Honored Contributor

I was watching the Tanzanite offerings. I'm a lucky girl. Us old f a r t s that got in on when that stone first came out set only in gold we really have something now . I paid 700 for a real good quality Block D 1 1/2ct. tanzanite that is deep blue with a hint of purple in it, set in 14kt gold. Now I see rings that are of inferior color set in silver for 400 and up. I think mine is at least 20 yrs.

Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Smaug said:

I always thought you had to be careful when wearing tanzanite. That it's brittle and can fracture pretty easily because of the crystal structure and it's not recommended for daily wear, especially in wedding rings. Nancy is saying wear it everyday, don't be afraid and she's been wearing that trillion cut tanzanite ring as a wedding ring. Does anyone know if tanzanite is good to wear everyday? It's the first time I've heard this.

think it's a 7 on the hardness scale. Diamonds , being a 10. I wouldn't be afraid to wear it all the time. Stuff, I'm afraid to wear is pearls !

Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Favorite Son said:
On 1/7/2015 Lanikins said:

J319539

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Rope Design Sterling Silver

That's it?!? That's the big gem day TSV? Whatever happened to the nice opaque stone toggle bracelets, items offered in different gemstone options, interesting designs? I don't mean to insult anyone who is anxiously waiting to order this ring, but it just seems like a letdown as the standard bearer for an entire day of gems.

Not exactly a thrill a minute is it...?

Agreed, they could've come up with a bit more of a show stopper for a TSV, especially given how rare gem days are on QVC anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Smaug said:

I always thought you had to be careful when wearing tanzanite. That it's brittle and can fracture pretty easily because of the crystal structure and it's not recommended for daily wear, especially in wedding rings. Nancy is saying wear it everyday, don't be afraid and she's been wearing that trillion cut tanzanite ring as a wedding ring. Does anyone know if tanzanite is good to wear everyday? It's the first time I've heard this.

From what I've heard from various hosts on various channels (so take it for what it's worth), tanzanite is more of a hands at leisure stone, as Colleen says. I've heard it explained that you should take it off before doing housework, gardening, etc. but that there is nothing wrong with wearing it daily. Just be careful.

It drives me crazy though when I hear hosts talk about having tanzanite rings sized, especially ones that are a bunch of tiny stones in one ring. I bought a tanzanite ring once, way back when, and it was too big. I took it to have it sized to my local jeweler.

I trust this jeweler implicity and the store has been in business since 1875. He told me that because of the nature of the stone, it cannot withstand heat so any tanzanite stones have to be removed for sizing or risk being damaged. He told me after looking at my ring that it wasn't worth the cost of removing those stones, sizing the ring and putting them back in the ring.

Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 Favorite Son said:
On 1/7/2015 Lanikins said:

J319539

Sleeping Beauty Turquoise Rope Design Sterling Silver

That's it?!? That's the big gem day TSV? Whatever happened to the nice opaque stone toggle bracelets, items offered in different gemstone options, interesting designs? I don't mean to insult anyone who is anxiously waiting to order this ring, but it just seems like a letdown as the standard bearer for an entire day of gems.

Not exactly a thrill a minute is it...?

Agreed, they could've come up with a bit more of a show stopper for a TSV, especially given how rare gem days are on QVC anymore...

This ring looks familiar to me. Like another Q designer had a very similar ring?

Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Kachina624 said: Funny how that scarce, rare Sleeping Beauty turquoise from the mine that is closed keeps appearing on shopping TV. I wonder how many years this will continue?

Well now let's see... they shoved drusy out that door for about two years, then it was black spinel for about two years, so I figure they'll come up with a new flavor of the month along about fall, since they've been chanting about the mine being closed and feeding us a near exclusive diet of SBT now for about a year... I used to look forward to turquoise shows, but like everything else QVC over-does these days, I don't any more... Fiddle-de-de ladies, whatever will we do... Have you heard? The MINE IS CLOSED...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...