Honored Contributor

Re: GOLD RUSH LOOKS DISAPPOINTING

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I find the best prices on gold, platinum and silver is your local pawn shops.  You would be surprised at some of the beautiful pieces you can find and inventory changes often.  Good prices too. 

True! However personally would never buy pre-owned item. Unless knowing previous owner. No bad juju thank you very much. Family heirlooms close to my heart safe keeping vault. 

@Sweet_Serenity  Many of the most desirable diamonds are pre-owned. Not all can be “freshly” mined. Just sayin’.

Honored Contributor

Not interested spending big money on jewelry. Years ago loved gems and watches. Lost my desire, Passed on to DIL & GD. Happy knowing GD has treasures awaiting her. Given with love and for her enjoyment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus...WOW, you make your own jewelry?  That is wonderful and I admire that.  What fun too, huh?

Yes, check out HSN....go and put in jewelry clearance.  They just had several days of clearance sales on jewelry, home decor, clothing, etc., right after Christmas.  They always have the best clearance and usually 2-3 times per year on everything.  Amazing deals.

I see that Victoria Wieck (one of my very, very favorite designers) just left HSN after about 20 years of being there and I am glad I got a few of her pieces right at the end at some amazing prices.  I would always wait until these HSN clearance sales to get alot of her pieces and I still have and adore them.  BUT, I see that she is now on EVINE....never shopped there and won't and the prices seem TRIPLE was she was offering on HSN.  Oh well, those good days are gone, lol.

Honored Contributor

My daughter will be 45 in April (birthstone is diamonds). Her gift from us is a look through my collection (purchased and/or inherited) and choosing something she’ll love.

I’d much rather her have some pieces now. I can’t see her wearing them and enjoying them after I’m “gone”.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clearance earrings on HSN has 21 pages...work backwards and go to page 21 and go backward.  But, this is an example of their wonderful prices.  This is  an "Argento Vivo Labradorite Marquise Shaped Drop Earrings"...regular HSN price was $119.00 and now marked to $49.95.  Of course the metal is gold plated, but the labradorite stones are beautiful and would be worth the $$$$ rather than spending on costume jewelry, IMO.  However, they only have one left.  Just whatever you are interested in, type in at the search box....example, "gemstone bracelets clearance; earring clearance; tanzanite clearance"...always put the word clearance in.  Happy SHOPPING wherever you go.  

Argento Vivo Labradorite Marquise-Shape Drop Earrings

Esteemed Contributor

One more example of HSN's great jewelry clearance prices......  Colleen Lopez Wonder Woman Lapis Bar Dop Necklace from the original HSN price of $119.90 down to clearance price of $34.93.  

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

One more example of HSN's great jewelry clearance prices......  Colleen Lopez Wonder Woman Lapis Bar Dop Necklace from the original HSN price of $119.90 down to clearance price of $34.93.  

Apologies @shell garden. I have to doubt the quality of a gold necklace with lapis for $119.90. Either the lapis is poor quality (most likely) or gold is quite thin/lightweight and will break after a few wears.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

My daughter will be 45 in April (birthstone is diamonds). Her gift from us is a look through my collection (purchased and/or inherited) and choosing something she’ll love.

I’d much rather her have some pieces now. I can’t see her wearing them and enjoying them after I’m “gone”.

Umm That's exactly what I said above. By the way GD five years old. 

Honored Contributor

It's been a long time since I've found nice, large white gold hoops. The few I have are from at least 10 years ago. I don't do silver hoops as they turn my ears and neck black (no clue as to why as silver doen't do that anywhere else on me). 

@Shanus, you are so correct (on everything in this thread, lol).

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

It's been a long time since I've found nice, large white gold hoops. The few I have are from at least 10 years ago. I don't do silver hoops as they turn my ears and neck black (no clue as to why as silver doen't do that anywhere else on me). 

@Shanus, you are so correct (on everything in this thread, lol).

@SahmIam. Wow, thanks for the compliment. Silver has copper in it (oxidizes and reacts w/ some people...certain areas & not others). Have you tried fine silver .999 instead of .925?