Trusted Contributor

Last night, I spotted on the Late Night Specials page a Judith Ripka watch that I've had on my wish list. I bought it for $49.80. Today, the very next morning, I saw that exact watch was presented overnight, only a few hours after the late night prices expired, for $49.50.

Now, the thirty cents isn't significant. But it did show me that that the late night specials are not worth checking out any more. I've gotten a few wonderful bargains through the Lunchtime listings, but the late night list is nothing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny Games With Pricing

There ARE some strange pricing strategies, but I always check them out .... you just never know!

A while back I was going to buy an 8 oz refill bottle of Poo Pourri for $19.80 and $3 shipping.   Then the price jumped up to $22 and change.    A week later it dropped down to $19 and the shipping had been raised to $5.50!    

Go figure.

Honored Contributor

The moral of the story is when you see an exceptionally good price, buy it.  I've waited on a couple jewelry items and the price disappeared.  Evine does the same thing, buy it when you see that price.  And check items in your cart with them, before adding to a new order. 

Honored Contributor

I swear what retailers have figured out is that too many of us are suckers for reduced prices, sales, etc.  It's all over the place.   I live near a huge mall - lots of upscale where the prices never seem to change, but I'm not spending Tiffany money or Tory Burch anyway.  But Macys?  Prices all over the place -  one at noon, something else at 2 --and don't be bewtween a large and a 1X because pretty much all the time, they charge at least $10 extra for that 1X.

I've come close to ignoring sales unless the items on sale are already on my need or want lists.  That has saved me more money than the sales -  I find I'm not buying nearly as often and not nearly as much.  And, for me, most important, I find I'm buying what I really like and use.  Too much of what I used to buy just because it was on sale was heading to thrift with too little use.  Done with that!

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that Qvc had late night specials.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I swear what retailers have figured out is that too many of us are suckers for reduced prices, sales, etc.  It's all over the place.   I live near a huge mall - lots of upscale where the prices never seem to change, but I'm not spending Tiffany money or Tory Burch anyway.  But Macys?  Prices all over the place -  one at noon, something else at 2 --and don't be bewtween a large and a 1X because pretty much all the time, they charge at least $10 extra for that 1X.

I've come close to ignoring sales unless the items on sale are already on my need or want lists.  That has saved me more money than the sales -  I find I'm not buying nearly as often and not nearly as much.  And, for me, most important, I find I'm buying what I really like and use.  Too much of what I used to buy just because it was on sale was heading to thrift with too little use.  Done with that!

@millieshops

Yes, that's a given .....  and the time frames are established to get people into the stores early, while their energy levels are up and before  they run out of time for everything they have to accomplish that day.