Occasional Contributor

I bought the Diamonique Pendant with adjustable chain and can't figure out how to adjust it.  The bead doesn't slide at all.  There are no instructions.  I'm afraid to force it and break the chain; this may have to go back.

Trusted Contributor
try lubricating the chain in the area where the bead will
slide, then try sliding it. baby oil maybe if you have it? or any light oil?
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with bead slide

[ Edited ]

They say it "glides," which implies that it's almost effortless - it's not. I have a similar chain and I have to really grip and hold the bead while I firmly and slowly pull the chain. Don't tug, just pull slowly and firmly and it should work. If it slide through too easily, then your necklace would adjust itself all day, so you need to put some strength into that pull. If you DO break it, send it back as defective, but give it a firm, slow pull before you give up. 

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Carolyn57, I am sorry you are having difficulty with the slide. Take a look at the video about one minute and 32 seconds in and it will show you how to slide the bead. If it does not work after that you may want to return it. Here is the link to the necklace DiamoniquePearPendant

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all; the slide has a different feel than I was expecting.  The video helped!

Honored Contributor

Often brand new jewelry is stiff and needs to be worked a bit before operates as designed.   I just went through that with a new pair of "clicker back"  earrings that wouldn't open.   I worked with them and now they're fine. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment