Honored Contributor

@Remar wrote:

We all like or dislike things. I've always loved diamonds. Good quality diamons do have a lot of sparkle and color to them..

My husband I have bought many of my pieces second hand. Meaning from our jewelers estate cases or ebay. We don't like the idea of people getting paid so little to mine the stones. Not all diamonds come from Africa, some come from the states.

I love gem stones too. Very good rubies, emerald's and sapphires can cost more than the same sized diamonds.

It's true that the cost of diamonds are inflated and that Debeers is the company that does this. They only allow a certain amount of diamonds to be bought 3 to 4 times a year. But, they're real and to a lot of people this makes a difference. Some women won't wear CZ's because you can pretty much so tell they're not real, if you know about jewelry.

I'm glad mother nature has made so many different gemstones for us to choose from.

@Remar  I wear my diamonds and Diamonique. When late Oct. comes and stores/malls/parking lots are more busy, I only wear my eternity band, not engagement ring and wear my Diamonique studs...leave the diamond studs home. Too many women especially have been robbed or worse if they were alone...even in broad day light. Scary times we live in!!!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, but I think real diamonds are just boring....I guess I mean just diamonds and no color!

I like precious stones.  I think I just like flashy things.  I do like it when precious stones (i.e. rubies, saphires, etc) are mixed in with a 'few' diamonds.

Ever since I saw the movie "Blood Diamonds" (I think that was it) I've never cared much for them.

I've read up on diamonds and know that there are millions of them and they're kept in a vault to drive up the price of them.  

https://patch.com/maryland/elkridge/difference-between-diamonds-and-other-gemstones

All other gemstones respond to normal market pressures, that is the prices go up and down with demand and supply. This is not true for diamonds. Diamond prices are held artificially high by a very near complete monopoly by a single company. They hold huge amounts of diamonds in storage in order to crate a shortage and so keep the price up. For some not clear reason this price manipulation is allowed in diamonds but prohibited in other gems and precious metals.

@Annabellethecat66. Diamonds are not boring. Gemstones and diamonds, especially, can be purchased wholesale. Few smart shoppers would pay retail prices for any expensive jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, but I think real diamonds are just boring....I guess I mean just diamonds and no color!

I like precious stones.  I think I just like flashy things.  I do like it when precious stones (i.e. rubies, saphires, etc) are mixed in with a 'few' diamonds.

Ever since I saw the movie "Blood Diamonds" (I think that was it) I've never cared much for them.

I've read up on diamonds and know that there are millions of them and they're kept in a vault to drive up the price of them.  

https://patch.com/maryland/elkridge/difference-between-diamonds-and-other-gemstones

All other gemstones respond to normal market pressures, that is the prices go up and down with demand and supply. This is not true for diamonds. Diamond prices are held artificially high by a very near complete monopoly by a single company. They hold huge amounts of diamonds in storage in order to crate a shortage and so keep the price up. For some not clear reason this price manipulation is allowed in diamonds but prohibited in other gems and precious metals.

I agree with you.  I Have a couple of Victoria Wiecks Brillante her man made simulated diamonds are amazing.  I had my nails done yesterday and the lady doing my nails could not believe how pretty my ring is.  The reason I like diamonds is because of the sparkle.  If I can get a stone that sparkles like crazy why spend money on diamonds that are so over priced.

@sunshine 919  Value? Knowing you have something that’s a precious stone and that you can sell at any time for more than what you paid?

Super Contributor

For me; I love diamonds, gemstones, gold, silver, turquoise, pearls, even fashion jewelry... I love  them all!!!...

One of my cousins' daughter calls me Jewels... IMHO, a girl can never have enough of jewelry.. 😉😉. Smiley Wink