Super Contributor

Diamonique Not The Same As Days Gone By

Tuned in today to check what's new. Well, a great new bracelet (thought I would purchase),but the cheapest clasp in the world, a fold over. The opal ring looks like a flea market cheap find. What is going on with QVC? Also, an eternity band, a definite Cracker Jack box

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique Not The Same As Days Gone By

I agree that the Diamonique lately looks cheap.  My belief is that it's because they are adding too many stones on the bands.  They are making the look of the halo diamonds that are a big fad now, and then adding more stones to the band of the ring.  I think if they would make just a more simple ring it would be better looking.  I did like the Tova ring with the Emerald and I own the huggy earrings they showed.  They are beautiful.  Most of the jewelry....I said most, not all, is looking kind of junky in my opinion.  I really like the Jai and Eterna Gold though. Even some of their real gold jewelry isn't that nice.

Esteemed Contributor

The days gone by seem so great because we're looking at them through the rear-view mirror.  I've been a customer from the beginning, and there were some real dogs in the collection then, too.

Generally weights and use of substantial metal are gone.  But sometimes -- not!  You have to hunt, read descriptions, look at photographs and watch videos. 

I've purchased quite a few nice pieces recently, but I'm more choosy in the current "diamonique era."

Respected Contributor

Actually CZs - even Diamonique - are worth next to nothing so what's it costing them to make them.  What I don't understand is they seem to think customers want cheap jewelry - that we can't afford and won't buy better stuff - even 14K gold.  Hence all the gold plating or overlay or whatever.  Yet during the Gold Rush day they showed a lot of very expensive jewelry.  I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

I will never purchase eterna gold again.   I had to return a piece of their jewelry and received a pair of substandard cheap earrings in return.   Yes, it has a lifetime replacement but  not necessarily as good as the original. I have been burnt too many times on the q's jewelry.  I had a panda pendant-turned black when I polished with a cleansing cloth.  A gemstone bracelet the clasp broke on day 33, myjeweler says it is too cheap to be repaired. oH the stories I could tell goes on....

Honored Contributor

I think @Sammycat1is right on.  The only Diamonique I purchased this century was a DMQ watch.  That was good enough that one day while I was standing in front of a case of Michele watches, another customer pointed to my watch and said too bad they don't seem to have that one now.  She made me decide to stick with what I had!

From the rest of the DMQ I bought the only pieces I still wear are the stud earrings.  At some point I know I can sell the gold settings from my rings, but even those aren't as great as nostalgia would like them to be -  or maybe I just ordered dogs and didn't realize it at the time.  I doubt they'll sell for enough to buy me one new piece at the price of today's gold.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoeI sort of get it.  I think the split personality we see is indicative of our overall economy in which nearly half of the population is really struggling even with jobs.  There's money in the other half somewhere and that's probably the target buyer for the expensive jewelry. 

Super Contributor

I have a few pieces that I love, but stopped buying. I thought the quality just wasn't there anymore. I am really looking forward to the moissanite program next week. I remember the pieces being drop dead gorgeous. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Respected Contributor

I think the clasps on most Diamonique bracelets are shoddy.  I purchased a few tennis bracelets years ago when I first started watching.  I think their bracelet clasps have always been subpar.

Valued Contributor

I agree! I’m not buying any more diamonique. It’s so obvious to me how much it’s changed for the worse when I pull out my older pieces from 15+ years ago. The old stones are clear, sparkly and have depth. Don’t even get me started on the settings and metal. I don’t wear any of my newer stuff, it looks bright, white and fake. I wish I would have sent it all back. I am trying moissanite!