Respected Contributor

Re: David Markstein on Cali Gold Rush

And why do Lisa and Jane keep going on & on about how great David M. is?

""He's so great! He just got back from Italy and came on the show. He must be so jet lagged"". ""He parts the isles at the Italian gold shows because he is David from QVC"".

Please.Give it a rest.

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I don't see the point of the guy. Why does the buyer have to be on?? They don't put any of the other buyers on. The guy is kind of a drip. I watch anyway, but I would rather just see the host.

He's the buyer and is responsible for the selection of the jewelry. If it doesn't sell, he doesn't look good. He's there to enhance the hosts selling.

"A drip"? Now, that's old school.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2014 Skylands said:

I don't see the point of the guy. Why does the buyer have to be on?? They don't put any of the other buyers on. The guy is kind of a drip. I watch anyway, but I would rather just see the host.

He's the buyer and is responsible for the selection of the jewelry. If it doesn't sell, he doesn't look good. He's there to enhance the hosts selling.

You make no sense, in your other post you said you are sick of hearing about him, that the hosts should give it a rest, but then you criticize my post. I don't care if "drip" is old school or not, it's a word in the dictionary that means boring and I will use it whenever I want to. I don't care if you like it or not.

Respected Contributor

You make no sense, in your other post you said you are sick of hearing about him, that the hosts should give it a rest, but then you criticize my post. I don't care if "drip" is old school or not, it's a word in the dictionary that means boring and I will use it whenever I want to. I don't care if you like it or not.

WHOA Lady, whoa!!! Cool your jets. I'm not criticizing you because of your 'old school' language. Sounds like you are very insecure with your 'old school' ways.

FYI............I didn't say I was sick of hearing about David. Don't misquote me lady!

Respected Contributor

In my prior years of working in the Corporate environment I used to be a buyer and quite often the sales personnel used to take us to their customers as an "authoritative" person.

What sales is trying to do is create a relationship with the customer, sometimes we even brought a person from the manufacturer along for a full circle effect.

The buyer is supposed to support the sales person and provide a level of professionalism. In other words, I'm not supplying the customer with a sub level of quality and the customer is supposed to believe they are getting a quality product at a competitive price in a timely fashion.

So that's why we see more of the purchasing/procurement staff onboard with the sales people or at least that's what I participated in.

Super Contributor

WHOA Lady, whoa!!! Cool your jets. I'm not criticizing you because of your 'old school' language. Sounds like you are very insecure with your 'old school' ways.

FYI............I didn't say I was sick of hearing about David. Don't misquote me lady!

OMG, HAHAHAHA!!! How old are you??? Thanks for the laugh!!!