Respected Contributor

Re: CANNOT DECIDE IF INTERESTED IN NEW JEWELRY NOW

@faeriemoon - I hope you were able to order the tablet ring you wanted. It was very frustrating to find them online, as there was a large delay in their posting the items, even slightly after 6 PM.  In the past, at least for the Ripka shows, the Q would post all items appearing in the show between fifteen and five minutes before the show start time. 

Which one did you want to order?  I was very attracted to the bamboo ring, followed by the hammered ring.    

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@faeriemoon - I hope you were able to order the tablet ring you wanted. It was very frustrating to find them online, as there was a large delay in their posting the items, even slightly after 6 PM.  In the past, at least for the Ripka shows, the Q would post all items appearing in the show between fifteen and five minutes before the show start time. 

Which one did you want to order?  I was very attracted to the bamboo ring, followed by the hammered ring.    

The hammered one was my favorite.  I didn't order because I had already ordered a few things.

Respected Contributor

What did you order, Pecky?

I do love the hammered look, even though I have absolutely nothing in the hammered look in any of my jewelry.  It is a uniquely modern style, and silver is so reflective and shiny when hammered.  

I ordered the Bamboo tablet ring and enhancer, and the Japan scenery spinner ring to match the cuff I have in that design.  

I like the artistic design of the Jai bamboo pieces more than I like the John Hardy bamboo pieces.  Weird, I know.  

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born @Pecky 

Yes!  Was able to order as they didn't sell out as quickly as I thought they would.  I ordered both the Kalahari and the Hammered.  I may keep both or send one back.  I also waitlisted the black spinel TSV.

I thought the bamboo was gorgeous too.  The only one I wasn't wacky about was the chain link, plus I have lots of chain link ittems (rings included) and didn't need another.  (Not that I needed anything I bought.)

I hope you enjoy your purchases, and post your opinions when your items arrive.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon - I will report back here with my impressions of my purchases, and I hope you will, too.  After watching the video of the tablet rings this morning, I heard Scott say that the hammered sections of the ring and pendant are not actually "hammered", but they were carved into wax and cast with special indentations to represent moonlight over the waterways of a place in Africa. That actually makes the hammered ring even more appealing to me.  Anyway, I hope you love it!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I didn't expect to find anything I would want, but had to record most of the shows.   Since I already have many nice pieces and am wearing so little jewelry lately, I thought I'd just be window shopping.  I'll be darned, I found a pair of earrings that were just calling to me and wouldn't shut up, so I ordered them.   

Honored Contributor

OK, I caved, too. I ordered a pair of little twisted, silver front facing circles. Never saw this design before...something new and fun. They were not expensive at all. Hope I love them as much when they get here. I knew this would happen....

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Watching the first few shows I recorded, FF of course, I really don't need anything. I seem to wear the same pieces I love when I'm out....and then only a few limited ones. 

Life seems more simple to me now and I feel that will carry over even with everyone vaccinated and stores/restaurants opening up. Dressing up and wearing fine jewelry isn't my first priority. Most of my better pieces have been sold or given to my daughter or DIL or put away for the granddaughters. 

I have not not, so far, seen anything so special that's it's changed my mind. The TSV? I'm tiring of JAI....box chains and/or similar designs. Most pieces so far seem delicate or the trendy paper clip chains which will be out by the end of spring.

Who's finding pieces you just must purchase?

I know how you feel.  At some point couple of years ago I decided to stop buying jewelry. I really have enough and we were very active travelers so I invested my money in travels. 
Now with this pandemic lockdown my travels are zero, my social life is zero .
I find it very depressing. We do have a very happy event in our lives - our first granddaughter! So I started to like jewelry again with a good excuse to give it eventually to my baby girl. I know it is lame but I need to fight my restricted life blues somehow.