Trusted Contributor

Just started watching Gem Shopping Network

I love watching all the beautiful jewelry they sell. Why do the men on this channel yell all the time?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Just started watching Gem Shopping Network

It's a possibility they are hard of hearing.   Sometimes deaf people speak loudly......because they can't hear themselves talk.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

To me it's a definite sign of " Do NOt Buy " , they are probably a fly by night group  who are working out of an auto garage  with fake stones.  Buyer be ware as far as is my opinion.

Respected Contributor

I can't answer as to why they yell except to say they do get excited. They have been in business for 25 years. I've bought sevral pieces and have been very happy with them. They do have a 30 day refund policy as well. It is higher end jewelry but they do have periodic auctions where people have found some excellent buys.

Super Contributor

Gem Shopping Network is a legitimate business.  They have been in business since 1997 and have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.  They have a variety of vendors who bring in their jewelry, some of which is VERY high end.  They sell new, estate, and loose gemstones.  The hosts and vendors are very knowledgeable, they give a lot of info on each piece (gemstone size/weight, # grams of gold/platinum, etc.) and I've learned a lot watching.  

I have shopped with them for maybe 8 years or so and purchased a number of things.  I have returned a few items (following their return instructions) and have never had a problem getting a timely refund. 

The one thing I would caution is that their shipping fees are VERY high and if you do need to return, the shipping and insurance can really add up.

In the past couple of years, many of the hosts have adopted a very loud and excited sales manner, which I don't particularly like, but, maybe, they think this increases sales.  Usually I just lower the volume on my remote.

Super Contributor

They sell wonderful, quality jewelry. Love their pieces.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love their the beauty and colors of the gems.  They don't sell any lab created gems.  Most gems are set in 14k & 18K. They also sell a lot of settings in platinum.  Only rarely 10K or silver. Very happy with quality of gems I received.  All hosts are certified as gemologists and or diamond experts.  Most have backgrounds in jewelry retail. They sell to people who want good quality jewelry or investors. 

2 of the sellers I dislike. Bryan and Marvin.  Mostly their voices.  But most are quite good and they have to identify a stone on sight.  Which is not easy to do. I think my favorite is Hunter.  Very rarely have any women as hosts.  They had one for a while.  She was OK.  But she was let go.  

The gems vary in price, mostly because of color.  Another factor is the amount of diamonds.  They rarely sell gems without any diamonds.  The few times gems are shown in silver, the price drops sharply.  Sometimes they offer shows with the gems under $1,000.00  But you know it when you see it.  They still have diamond accents, small in amount, but it's there.  You learn quite a bit about gemstones.  

Respected Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

Gem Shopping Network is a legitimate business.  They have been in business since 1997 and have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.  They have a variety of vendors who bring in their jewelry, some of which is VERY high end.  They sell new, estate, and loose gemstones.  The hosts and vendors are very knowledgeable, they give a lot of info on each piece (gemstone size/weight, # grams of gold/platinum, etc.) and I've learned a lot watching.  

I have shopped with them for maybe 8 years or so and purchased a number of things.  I have returned a few items (following their return instructions) and have never had a problem getting a timely refund. 

The one thing I would caution is that their shipping fees are VERY high and if you do need to return, the shipping and insurance can really add up.

In the past couple of years, many of the hosts have adopted a very loud and excited sales manner, which I don't particularly like, but, maybe, they think this increases sales.  Usually I just lower the volume on my remote.

I was in sales for years; "You don't have to yell to sell"

Honored Contributor

I may get crucified for saying this, but they have the classiest jewely and the least classy hosts.  

Honored Contributor

They have the same founder (a gem investor) from the very beginning.  They have a variety of guests ranging from new jewelry to estate jewelry (Gem shopping bread and butter).  They have agreements with several high scale Italian designers.  Their lightning ridge opals are really beautiful (and this from a person that normally hates opals)   They also sell a lot of color diamonds.  All color diamonds are "natural) (NOT color treated) unless they specify.  They had one show with color treated diamonds that were really cheap (way under $1,000.00)  Apparently color diamonds, some from QVC and HSN are color treated.  They are a lot cheaper.  The color treated ones are actually prettier, because the natural color diamonds (to keep them in a decent price range) are kind of washed out. If you see bright diamonds colors, then they are in the 5 to 6 digit price range.