Honored Contributor

CANNOT DECIDE IF INTERESTED IN NEW JEWELRY NOW

[ Edited ]

Watching the first few shows I recorded, FF of course, I really don't need anything. I seem to wear the same pieces I love when I'm out....and then only a few limited ones. 

Life seems more simple to me now and I feel that will carry over even with everyone vaccinated and stores/restaurants opening up. Dressing up and wearing fine jewelry isn't my first priority. Most of my better pieces have been sold or given to my daughter or DIL or put away for the granddaughters. 

I have not not, so far, seen anything so special that's it's changed my mind. The TSV? I'm tiring of JAI....box chains and/or similar designs. Most pieces so far seem delicate or the trendy paper clip chains which will be out by the end of spring.

Who's finding pieces you just must purchase?

Trusted Contributor

Re: CANNOT DECIDE IF INTERESTED IN NEW JEWELRY NOW

Funny I thought the same thing. I used take the day off work to watch this silver show. It all looks so dated and nothing I would wear today. To be fair I don't wear jewelry anymore. I don't buy expensive handbags or shoes either. I guess my needs and interests have changed. I am not judging others please don't attack me. I actually admire women dressed so beautifully with their jewelry. It's just not me anymore.   

Contributor

I purchased the America West braided necklace and the paperclip bracelet because I do not have anyhting like it in my jewelry collection. The prices were good so I went for it although, I as well ,have not been wearing much jewelry since covid.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

It has been many years now that I have given away gold jewelry or had several pieces made into one special piece that I enjoy wearing every day.  When I see a piece that I had given to someone being worn, it gives me joy that they love it as much as I did.

The pieces that I wear everyday are solidly constructed and beautiful.  They have special meaning too.

Items that are in a safe deposit box have already been earmarked for special folks.

One piece that I sold has been providing food for a remote village in Peru that a nun friend returns to visit and help the people, esp. the young ones, each Spring before their winter sets in.  We are hopeful that the pandemic will permit her return...meanwhile there is a small convent nearby that she can interact with.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Like most, I have not worn much jewelry for the past year. I have diamond signature pieces that I never take off. I have changed to only wearing Diamonique stud earrings when I leave the house- they seem to work better with mask wearing. I usually wear a watch when going out as well.

I do get enjoyment from wearing a diamond band ring daily as well as changing out my right hand rings, even when at home.

I took a chance on the TSV ring and earrings as I am a blue lover. Birthday present to me/ from me. 

Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for something specific that is supposed to be introduced in the 6 pm show.  I had a little interest in the black spinel TSV which they of course, did not bring in enough of, and is only available on waitlist.

I haven't watched at all so far; I wish I had the time today, but I just don't.  I probably won't even be able to see the item I want on the 6 pm show. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Shanus 

It has been many years now that I have given away gold jewelry or had several pieces made into one special piece that I enjoy wearing every day.  When I see a piece that I had given to someone being worn, it gives me joy that they love it as much as I did.

The pieces that I wear everyday are solidly constructed and beautiful.  They have special meaning too.

Items that are in a safe deposit box have already been earmarked for special folks.

One piece that I sold has been providing food for a remote village in Peru that a nun friend returns to visit and help the people, esp. the young ones, each Spring before their winter sets in.  We are hopeful that the pandemic will permit her return...meanwhile there is a small convent nearby that she can interact with.

@jlkz   That's such a meaningful and generous gesture. My "saved" pieces are also in the bank and kids have a key to the box.

***Just a point to know that I found out when Mom passed...when a person dies, the box is "locked" by the bank until estate is settled/closed. Our attorney advised us, when Mom was nearing the end, to use our key/POA to clear out the safety deposit box of jewelry, important papers, and any cash in there. If you have a will, jewelry allocation should not be mentioned in there. Have a list in a safe place or give the list to the recipients so they know how it is distributed. DH mentioned something about tax sequences that change in time as the laws change depending on your income.....

The jewelry I have and wear now are my important pieces that have meaning, inherited or purchsed as gifts by DH. They are in a safe at home and only occasionally worn. I feel strange without my signature pearls, chains, arm full of silver collected bangles and diamond studs. I've worn them every day for decades until Covid. I now wear my wedding rings, but more often my Amy's ring dupe, my watch and 1 bangle and a thin white gold 16" chain that I leave on. I've made tiny charms with the kids' first initials, a few with their birthday gemstones bezel set for comfort (no prongs) that I can slide on my chain when I want to play and have a different look, but mostly I wear it as is. Times HAVE changed as far as a more simple lefestyle for me.

I do sometimes wear my much smaller diamond studs given to me by my Grandpa for my 16th birthday because my large ones could get lost wearing the mask...silver love knots or other studs have replaced them.   

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I'm waiting for something specific that is supposed to be introduced in the 6 pm show.  I had a little interest in the black spinel TSV which they of course, did not bring in enough of, and is only available on waitlist.

I haven't watched at all so far; I wish I had the time today, but I just don't.  I probably won't even be able to see the item I want on the 6 pm show. Woman Sad

@faeriemoon   Can you record the 6PM show and watch before midnight to get the special pricing?

Honored Contributor

FYI, I tried a few pieces of rose plated silver last year...never had rose gold and wanted to see how it looked before purchasing the real thing. Q's plated rose gold looked quite a bit like copper...a lot of orange in the metal color. Before returning it, I took it to my jeweler, compared it rose gold and there's a huge difference!! The plated rose gold definitely has an orange cast. Anyone else seeing  that? I did try on the real deal and it's a true soft, pink tone and looks nice with my skin tone. The plated rose gold...meh.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon   Can you record the 6PM show and watch before midnight to get the special pricing?

I may try to do that @Shanus .  I know it will be a sell out item, but at least I can get waitlisted with the sale price. 

Scott introduced four tablet rings on Instagram.  Not the ones that come up in the search (although they are beautiful).  The new ones are stoneless and just feature the distinctive JAI texture designs.  They won't be online before 6 pm either.