Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting J292240 The Amethyst and/or Blue Topaz Bracelet?

On 3/25/2014 matinminn said:

Hello-

I received my amethyst bracelet today and really love it. I ordered a size larger than normal as the measurements seemed like it was a bit short, and I am glad I did.

My husband bought it for me (a rare thing at my house Smile) for my 50th which comes in May and this is my son's birthstone so it is going to be a very special piece for me always.

I was wondering about the second bar closure across the bottom of the clasp. Mine is fairly sharp where the tip of it sticks out the side of the bracelet/clasp. Do any of you savvy Ripka shoppers have other Ripka bracelets with this unique type of clasp had any experience with this? I am considering bringing it to my jeweler to have it smoothed a bit?

Best wishes to all of you that also got this bracelet - enjoy!

I would definitely take it to your jeweler for smoothing out...it's an easy fix...and better than sending it back, as the replacement might not be as satisfactory in color, etc.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

Matinminn...

I agree with Sheesh...take it to a jewelry if it bothers you, it should be smooth.

I am expecting my BT tomorrow and I wondered why it is not coming signature required, Mine is coming UPS ground. Did you have to sign for yours?

I have a 5.5" wrist and I always order small and still have some room so I trust mine will fit fine, I'd rather have a closer fit than not.

How would you say yours fits??

Contributor

Hi Waterbaby -

I ordered UPS red shipping. I was quite impatient to have it and I like to have tracking so I know where it is! There was No signature required. No signature required on the black spinel multi gemstone either - a.k.a. the confetti cuff. I think the dollar value is closer to 2,000 for signature?? not sure?

I am pretty sure yours will fit PERFECTLY. I have a 6 3/4 inch wrist so an Average or 7 1/4 fit is usually best for me, but the measurements for the Average bracelet on QVC description indicated the 7 1/4 fit was actually a 7 1/8 inch length, so I was worried it might stick to my wrist or be uncomfortable in the summer and in Minnesota I will wear this more in summer than winter. (think long sleeves/layers/coats/gloves/mittens - so a bracelet like this won't get much wear in the winter) and I don't like tightness, I like my bracelet to be able to move so - after much agonizing - with both average and large in my cart for almost an hour - I ordered the Large - 8 inch fit which QVC description says is 7 3/4 inch long. In reality, when I measure it the 8 inch fit bracelet is actually barely 7 1/2 inches long. So I am very happy with the size.

I looked it over pretty close - it is really nice. Wait til you see it - you are gonna love it... !

Super Contributor

waterbaby - yours will fit just fine. I have a 6"" wrist and got a small and it's a good close fit with maybe a pinky of drape.

wish I could see the blue in a pic! I know it's going to be marvelous. this bracelet is really the cat's p.j.'s!!!!