Esteemed Contributor

Re: "KANDY-COLORED POTTERY" (VINTAGE ART POTTERY)

Some of the pieces are really pretty but, overall, they're just not my thing.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@violann,  I've done the same thing-- gotten rid of things I sure wish I hadn't!  You must have had a treasure trove.  But, c'est la vie.   I think it would be exciting for you to investigate your "inventory" and see if there's anything you want to use.  I store extra decor in two bins in basement, that are easy to get at.  Love to go down there and pull something I haven't had out in a year or so-- it's like getting something new, right?

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@violann,  I've done the same thing-- gotten rid of things I sure wish I hadn't!  You must have had a treasure trove.  But, c'est la vie.   I think it would be exciting for you to investigate your "inventory" and see if there's anything you want to use.  I store extra decor in two bins in basement, that are easy to get at.  Love to go down there and pull something I haven't had out in a year or so-- it's like getting something new, right?

Are you absolutely sure you ever had a long lost twin? ME!!

Respected Contributor

I am particularly fond of art decco china.  At home in U,K. I have a collection of Clarice Cliff China which is housed in a large glass fronted old pine dresser in my kitchen, it is very colorful.

Interesting to see these collections.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I'd be honored, t'were it so,  @violann !

@dulwich,   I LOVE Clarice Cliff and her colorful, distinctive pottery!  She was a fantastic talent.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I am particularly fond of art decco china.  At home in U,K. I have a collection of Clarice Cliff China which is housed in a large glass fronted old pine dresser in my kitchen, it is very colorful.

Interesting to see these collections.  Thanks for sharing.

@dulwich 

How I wish you could post a photo of your pieces.  I am such a fan of Clarice Cliff, and own a few pieces of her ‘Houses’ collection which I treasure.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe  When I get home I will take pics.  I have collected Clarice for over  30+ years when her china  was in flea markets in London that is where I bought my first piece and started my collection.  Now I have dealers, at home, calling me!  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Drythe  When I get home I will take pics.  I have collected Clarice for over  30+ years when her china  was in flea markets in London that is where I bought my first piece and started my collection.  Now I have dealers, at home, calling me!  

@dulwich 

I purchased my few pieces back in the dark ages on Petticoat Lane.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe  Oh I know Petticoat Lane you could get some ‘finds’ there few years back cheaper than Portobello Rd!