Honored Contributor

I have so many ,we bought back in the 70's ,while my husband at the time was in the air force,they have been boxed up for going on 8 yrs,since moving here ,they were made in Germany, don't know what to do with them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

You can sell them on eBay. They're still beloved. 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest   My sister and I would love to see what you have!  She goes to estate sales and picks them up all the time, and I stumbled across an estate sale where the lady had passed away and had hundreds!  I  bought a lot of them, and although many don't like them or want them anymore, I'm still a fan.

I missed out on one of the larger "ring around the rosie" ones, and still kick myself for letting that one get away.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Years back I took my mother's hummels to an auction house and they did not even want them.  They told me they don't sell.  While there are probably still collectors out there, times have changed and I can't imagine younger generations wanting these.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Years back I took my mother's hummels to an auction house and they did not even want them.  They told me they don't sell.  While there are probably still collectors out there, times have changed and I can't imagine younger generations wanting these.

Yes, i have heard the same.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Always loved them since I was a child.

Super Contributor

My Aunt, and she was the typical spinster, bitter Aunt, had them in their own bookshelf.  You could not touch them, and just about could not look at them.  I often wonder what happened to them after she died in about 2008.  They were not my style, and probably because I was afraid of them!

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Your so right. I think about a lot of items I have and what to do with them because the younger generation wouldn't want them.

Respected Contributor

I think it depends on who you ask.  My sister gets notifications for estate sales in her area each week (with pictures), and she goes early and usually had to wait in line, and sees some of the first shoppers coming out with lots of hummels that they purchased.  

And trust me, they aren't giving them away.  Depending on size, they are $15-$125 each, which is not the highest price that they have sold for, and you can get more on Ebay, but they are definitely selling.

She was able to purchase a set of small lamps (apple tree boy and girl), for around $145.

I see the the Replacements dot com site sells Hummel items, and you may not get much, but it may be worth a try, depending on what you have.

P0000039370S000000055608T2 (1).jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Years ago,before the bottom fell out of the collectibles market we sold ours on E-Bay. I kept a few that had sentimental value. I see many at Goodwill for a few bucks. Remember if you sell them on E-Bay you must factor in the cost of shipping.

Better to donate to GW or some such organization.

Nothing is very collectible these days. 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.