Honored Contributor

If you're interested in sleeping under the stars, but you'd prefer to stay inside...

I'm not sure about this one. The child in me & my many years as a science teacher think this is interesting. I don't think I'd want it in my bedroom, but maybe it would relax me & help me fall asleep faster? Might be cool in a basement home theater? 

A6338EBD-77BA-47BC-8B47-463B52555F74.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I love that and think it would be soothing. 

We had put up those glow in the dark stars on my daughter's ceiling and we all loved them. You gaze at them until you fall asleep. so comforting and pretty!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  My granddaughter has a projector that throws stars or the undersea world all over her ceiling and walls. She loves it, but it keeps her up, so she only gets it for a short time. She runs around the room clapping and pointing. There used to be a turtle that had the projector on it's back. My older grandkids liked that when they were young.

Honored Contributor

@wilma   Get yourself one of those silk eye patches.  It's long and has a little weight to it and goes over your eyes at night to keep out all the light and relax you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Pretty but as a kid i was totally freaked out when our mom put a glow in the dark crucifix above our bedroom door! She finally took it down but it scared me silly, of course I was only 7 but still...

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Pretty but as a kid i was totally freaked out when our mom put a glow in the dark crucifix above our bedroom door! She finally took it down but it scared me silly, of course I was only 7 but still...

@Love my grandkids That would scare me too!

Respected Contributor

@wilma I have tried weighted blankets and refrained from electronics before bed but sleep is hard to come by.  Perhaps the image of the stars would be relaxing,  I actually like that it reminds me of camping with my family as a child.

Honored Contributor

very cool looking, but I wouldn't personally want it! Maybe a child, a little older child though....??

Honored Contributor

Re: Starry Night

[ Edited ]

My son had stick on... glow in the dark stars on his bedroom ceiling when he was a child....He loved them. It looked just like the pictured room.

Then we had to remove them from the ceiling when he got older...ugh..not an easy taskWoman Frustrated Patching and painting the ceiling took forever. They were really stuck to the ceiling.

Respected Contributor

Re: Starry Night

[ Edited ]

For those stars to work I imagine your room would have to be pretty dark.  I do not like to sleep in a completely dark room so that would not work for me.  I like to have some light in our bedroom so I have sheers on my windows and keep a few battery lighted candles on our dresser that are set to a timer.  They run for 6 hours and then shut off. I have them come on around 11:00 PM and we usually retire around midnight so by the time they go off the morning sun is just starting to rise.

My husband likes the room to be darker so he uses a black sleep mask.  Even as a child I always had a nightlight in my room.  I can't sleep in total darkness.  It just makes me feel uncomfortable. It's the same reason I can't sleep with our bedroom door closed. I have to be able to hear what is going on in the rest of the house.