Trusted Contributor

I currently have a Guardian security system. I am not happy with them, so I am looking for another system. I am more concerned about fire protection than whatever they want to steal. I want to have an alert go to the fire deparment if there is smoke or heat in the house when I am not home. So I know I need monitoring service. It is 24/7 for $10 a month with Ring and $25 with Simplisafe....even more with other systems. Does anyone have experience with a good fire protection service. Pluses and/or cons. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fire alert system question

@geegerbee

Our home security system was installed by a local company.  We have window and door sensors, motion detectors, heat sensors, glass breakage sensors, and a booster siren on the exterior of the house.   

When the detector picks up increasing heat, it sets off the main alarm, alerting the monitoring company, who automatically contacts our local fire department before calling the home number or our contact numbers.   

We pay $35 a month for monitoring service, which is thru the company that installed our system.    When our system was first installed, our local company was subcontracting for ADT.  Several years in, the subcontracting relationship ended, but we were not aware of that until we added more equipment, and an ADT van from 100 miles away showed up instead of our local guys.   We ended our relationship with ADT, and work only with our local company.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Fire alert system question

@geegerbee  "Pluses and/or cons. Thanks."

Check Consumer Reports

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif