Respected Contributor

I can no longer bend over and am going to PT for back.  I have scrubbing bubbles and Dawn to clean with but I need something with long handle.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Q had a product on air not long ago, that allowed cleaning the tub and shower standing, and was like a rotating scrub brush. Didn't look really effective, but might help in a situation like yours. I'll search and see if I can find it.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I can no longer bend over and am going to PT for back.  I have scrubbing bubbles and Dawn to clean with but I need something with long handle.  Any suggestions?

Get a shower chair, sit in it, and clean around you.  That's what I used to do.  Now I need a shower chair for all showers anyway, so I use a spray and the hand shower nozzle to clean before I take my shower.

A husband, son, or daughter is also a good solution!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

As usual, I can't find something on Q if I don't have the exact name. Their searches are not all that great.

They do have something M115049, not what I saw on air, but might be worth you looking at.

Super Contributor

I also have a bad back, cannot do the bending anymore, so I use a little stool to sit on when I clean my toilets.

Respected Contributor

thanks for the replies, ladies. Food for thoughts.

Respected Contributor

I use a long handled back scrubber from the Dollar Store.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Re: bath tub cleaning

[ Edited ]

"Quickie shower tub and tile scrubber" on Amzn, perhaps? Long-handled, battery operated, I believe.

Honored Contributor

We keep our shower dried down after we shower so it's easier to keep it clean. DH cleans the tub. 

Fuller Brush sells a Tub & Shower E-Z Scrubber. It has a telescoping pole. They also sell a replacement scrubber brush for it. Q used to sell it but it's not available. Google search to see who has the best price for one.

bathtub-brush.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: bath tub cleaning

[ Edited ]

[Links Removed by Moderator - Links to Another Retailer.]

Both links are from Amazon. First one has long handle. I can't do the shower myself anymore. Besides the above products, it really can be a nice splurge to have someone come in and do the big stuff in the house, even just once a month for good scrubbing. I can't find the one I thought I saw on QVC.