Respected Contributor

I just noticed that some of Bath and Body Works candles are now priced at $26. I won't be buying any at that price, they are not that special. If they aren't purchased, they will get the message(maybe).

Honored Contributor

Re: BBW candle price increase

[ Edited ]

With the frequent sales and coupons Bath and Body Works offers I don't have any complaints. They also have an unconditional return policy in place. 

Trusted Contributor

Their price increases over the last 3 years have been ridiculous.  The 3-wick candles used to be $20, and whenever you made a purchase, they would give you a survey code on your receipt that would give you a $10 off $30 or more code.  So, the candles would always go on sale for $10 and you'd get always have a $10 off $30 or more code, which would be an excellent deal.  Now they act like 2 for $25 is a big deal, they stopped doing the surveys, and they more frequently have a coupon for 20% off rather than $10 off $30.  While I love the throw and scents of their candles, they only burn for about 24 hours, so I've learned that Woodwick and Nest candles, while more expensive, are a better value because of burn time.  

Respected Contributor

I agree that they keep raising their prices and this price is ridiculous but I only buy during sales.  However, I too always would get them 2 for $20 and use a $10 off $30 coupon.  Maybe last year they were 2 for $22.  They also used to do a one day $8 sale but I always seemed to miss those and find out about them after the fact.  I don't know anyone that would pay $26 for their candles.

Respected Contributor

Their candles have never been the same ever since Harry Slatkin left BBW.  

Respected Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Their price increases over the last 3 years have been ridiculous.  The 3-wick candles used to be $20, and whenever you made a purchase, they would give you a survey code on your receipt that would give you a $10 off $30 or more code.  So, the candles would always go on sale for $10 and you'd get always have a $10 off $30 or more code, which would be an excellent deal.  Now they act like 2 for $25 is a big deal, they stopped doing the surveys, and they more frequently have a coupon for 20% off rather than $10 off $30.  While I love the throw and scents of their candles, they only burn for about 24 hours, so I've learned that Woodwick and Nest candles, while more expensive, are a better value because of burn time.  

-------------------------

I still have two of those survey receipts to use if you can believe that, LOL.  I don't purchase much there any more and have moved toward using essential oils vs candles. When I do look for a candle, I usually go to TJMaxx or Home Goods.

Trusted Contributor

yes it is crazy... i stock up around the holidays when they go on sale plus when i get a 20 or 25 % off coupon code.. last yr i would buy like 10 at a time when they're cheap.. did this maybe 3 times lol  i give some to my mom too... when there are sales like this the candles come out to around 10.00 a piece... thats the only time i get them.. just got 10 a few weeks ago when they had a sale...  love these candles

Honored Contributor

It looks like the $26 candles are the ones with the more decor jars. The others are still the same price.   It's probably a matter of time before they go up in price too.

Trusted Contributor

I don't even shop at BBW anymore.  I had bad experiences with their candles and the drowning wicks.  And, I used to buy their holiday and seasonal luminaries.  But they don't carry the really nice large ones anymore.

There were one or two fragrance items I liked, but they were discontinued.  And, I don't use their lotions or soaps.  Plus the only way you get a sale price is if you buy dozens of them at one time, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

-------------------------

I still have two of those survey receipts to use if you can believe that, LOL.  I don't purchase much there any more and have moved toward using essential oils vs candles. When I do look for a candle, I usually go to TJMaxx or Home Goods.

@tucsongal- I can believe it.  I still have some of the survey coupons left also!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?