Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes! ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ

@jlkz wrote:

@homedecor1

We have a weekend place up the mountains and live on a golf course there.  We learned a while ago that there was bear den close by.

Not only has the mother bear walked her two newborns by our back yard,  but we watched as the babies played and rough housed with each other.

One extremely hot August, the golfers on a hole nearby were dumbfounded as they watched a large bear walk out from the woods, take a cooling dip in the water beside them, and then get out and walk back into the woods without bothering them.

...may be some should have shouted โ€œ Fore โ€œ or just taken a picture !

The bear sightings might be kind of neat, the gators and other reptiles, not so much.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yikes is right!!!! I would be so scared!!!!! I just saw on the news yesterday a story from Oklahoma where this woman woke up in the middle of the night and a coyote was in the corner of her bedroom.

It wasn't really clear how he got in, but she said probably through her back door, and I am thinking why is your screen door open like that? and for how long? and where was this coyote hiding? She jumped up and ran and called the police and Animal Control came and got him and took him back to the woods and let him go.

I would be a bit more careful of closing my doors if I were her....Can you imagine? 

Honored Contributor

YIKES!!!  Is right!

I remember decades ago when gators were on the endangered species list.  Now we hear about them often.  My mother lives in an HOA retirement community only a mile from the Everglades.  Her section is really an island surrounded by water (man made) which opens up to a natural body of water.  I'm just waiting to see on of those floating along her canal someday....I did see a large snake once.

I'm glad she's not on the first floor!

Is there an animal agency that you can call to remove him?

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Acccckkkk, he is a big one. We see baby gators swimming by our dock on occasion....they are usually lost. We have big gators at the other end of our lake. Not my cup of tea. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Citrine1

I have a kitty and he's a inside cat but I do let him hang out (with supervision) on my screened lanai.  We've had a razor snake out there onetime years ago๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ so even I look around before I go out there & I never do any outside work.

I'm a big fraidy cat!!!

A snake would freak me out more than a gator would.  Hate snakes; wouldn't hurt one, but just want them to stay away from me.

Honored Contributor

I dont like or trust Gators there are too many incidents where they've gone after and killed humans and pets....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.โ€
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yikes is right!!!! I would be so scared!!!!! I just saw on the news yesterday a story from Oklahoma where this woman woke up in the middle of the night and a coyote was in the corner of her bedroom.

It wasn't really clear how he got in, but she said probably through her back door, and I am thinking why is your screen door open like that? and for how long? and where was this coyote hiding? She jumped up and ran and called the police and Animal Control came and got him and took him back to the woods and let him go.

I would be a bit more careful of closing my doors if I were her....Can you imagine? 

@CANDLEQUEEN  They aren't afraid of humans even though it is said that they are.  The other night, I heard one call and very soon a lot of babbling coyotes came to it.

Another time,  my neighbor let her little yorkie off the leash, I disapprove of this, and a coyote took after it, chased it all the way home with the woman running after them.  Her little dog's paws were bloody when she reached her.

I have lived here for a long time, before Mt. Lions appeared, bobcats, coyotes, now they are all over.  I think the creek may draw them, also deer, skunks, possum, raccoons, these were always here, and who knows what else.

If a coyote got into my bedroom, all heck would have break loose as my dogs sleep in there and something horrific would have occurred.