Honored Contributor

Yikes! ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ

103DFAF8-C17C-4A17-8EE2-61D463158322.jpegMy spouse was out back trimming some bushes and doing the windows -- couple of golfers went by & yelled "hey buddy he's coming your way!"

He turned around and there he was laying in the bunker behind our house๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ.  I took videos (don't know how to post) but here's a pic I took!  I was afraid to get closer...

yikes!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yikes! ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŠ

I must say, though........you have a lovely view!   (without the critter)

โ™ฅSurface of the Sunโ™ฅ
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes is right. Iโ€™d head for the nearest tree. Looks like someone dropped a putter.

BTW you have a lovely backyard.

Respected Contributor

Are you close to water?

Honored Contributor

I live on golf course and there is a pond 2 houses over.  He was making his way there--my spouse said he thinks he came from the storm drain in front of the house.  He came from between house a few doors down ... a golfer came by & told him "look out!". 

The video is him just laying there waiting for the golfers move.  Boy, i was surprised how fast they move!

Esteemed Contributor

Gators can move fast when want/have to. I'm sure his trek tired him out and he was just waiting for a clear coast to get to his destination.

Honored Contributor

Wow! That's too close for comfort.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Double Yikes!!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Wow.... not my idea of sublime (mainly because I have no desire whatsoever to share my living areas with prehistoric reptiles!) .... Woman Tongue

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Oh, maybe you could make him a pet! LOL

My grandparents retired to Ft. Myers and lived along a river, with their property going down into a canal. There were often a gator or two sunning themselves in their yard or on some neighbor's driveway. The HOA/management had to really get strict because some of those crazy people would actually feed them! 

They built some walls along the boat docks up and down the canal, and it reduced the number of gators showing up, but you definitely needed to look before you leap at their place.