Esteemed Contributor

For those in the Northeast -question about Raymour and Flanigan Furniture Store

I have to buy a lot of new furniture and am considering going to R&F.  What I have seen on line looks nice, but I haven't gone to one of their stores yet.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with them?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: For those in the Northeast -question about Raymour and Flanigan Furniture Store

Bought a wine rack/cabinet from them and the quality is equal to Bobs. The piece is pretty but not made of the best materials

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: For those in the Northeast -question about Raymour and Flanigan Furniture Store

I had a good experience with them several years ago.  I went in, picked out what I wanted, and they delivered within a few days according to my availability.  No troubles, no mis-steps.  I'd go back and give it another go when I need furniture again.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a sectional. I might as well sit on the floor cause that's how far you sink in it. No more R &F for me.

Honored Contributor

I'd put it a notch above Bob's but that's far from a rave review.  Mediocre quality.  

The exception would be if you placed a special order with a good manufacturer through them.   We did this one time with a manufacturer in Canada. 

Respected Contributor

@twinsister

We furnished our vacation home with excellent furniture from the Raymour & Flanagan outlet on MacDade Blvd ( off the Blue Route in SE PA ) a few years ago.  Check the pieces out carefully....we found perfect condition bureaux, night stands, sofas, and mattresses.  Remember, it is a very huge warehouse with cement floors so where comfortable shoes and dust proof clothing.

The price on the king size Sterns & Foster pillow top mattresses was unbelievable.  We are still using the mattresses.  It was very helpful to test out the mattresses down the street from the outlet....in their retail store.

We saved even more $ by using our van to take the pieces home.

Good luck and good shopping !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just bought an adjustable dual king bed from R&F.  Young salesman, very knowledgable about mattresses and adjustable frame.  No hard sell - answered my many questions.  Did not rush us to make a decision.  Very easy to schedule delivery on a date and time convniennt to us.  Our time frame was 2:00 PM-5:00 PM on a Friday afternoon.  At about 2:30, I received a phone call from delivery that they'd arrive in 30-40 minutes.  They arrived just as promised.  They had to bring a king size mattress down a very tricky flight of steps and did so without any issue.  They were efficient and professional.  We had a very positive experience and I'd shop at R&F again if the opportunity presents itself.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister

I have bought 3 bedroom sets from them in the past few years. Very pleased with them. Over the years I have bought most of my furniture from them but that is going back a few years. They deliver in just a few days. Our other local furniture store has to order furniture & it takes several weeks before it comes in. If I need anymore furniture I will definitely go to Raymour & Flanigans again.

Respected Contributor

We bought a few pieces for our Great Room..
(sectional sofa, ottomans, Club chair). My husband complains about the comfort and thinks they are like sitting on wood + he said never again from Raymond & Flanagan. Lol
Trusted Contributor

Worst customer service after the sale!  Never.  Again.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~